1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Xvid - Divx to Archos av400 av420 Need Help + AC3 to Mp3 Guide / Help

Discussion in 'DivX / XviD' started by SurferM, Oct 28, 2004.

1. ibekev

ibekev Member

hey, ive read the above and i need to ask. if i have a video that will play on the computer but not on the archos what should i do. and the sound is messed up its ahead how do i put the delay on it? and i cannot install lamemp3 because i dont get the install option in right click
    thanks, kevin

Update : Im converting files with riverpast and they seem to play faster on the av420 . they play fine on the computer. If anyone could help that would be greatly appreciated

Last edited: Feb 23, 2005
  2. chucken

chucken Member

I have copied a bunch of XViD's to the player and they are played in full audio sync and good quality. However, they are a bit jerky, it seems like it only plays 60% of the frames. Hope you understand what I mean. Well, I've tried to convert it using Dr DivX but it did not get any better. However I'm not sure what settings I shall use with this program for the Archos to play it correctly. Could someone please help me with this?

Thanks in advance!

Br
    Tobias

3. AyJaX

AyJaX Member

Download the new firmware 2.0.34 this will sort out everything to do with DivX and XVID. It plays them SO SO much better than before at full frame rates and eveything!

The only problem I have is that I still need to use the supplied conversion software! I do not know what it converts as I leave the quality the same as the original but if i do not do this it simply will not open on my Archos!!!

have fun with the new software guys it is well worth it!!!

4. hetwiel

hetwiel Member

5. sfarieq

sfarieq Member

I just got the AV420 and managed to convert some avi(xvid) using the software that came with it and it worked. But I tried some other avi(xvid) files and it says a codec is missing. What codec is it ? And I've just updated the fw to version 3. Is is supposed to be better than the other versions ?

6. CarlOlsen

CarlOlsen Member

Just got an Archos AV420 and very happy with it...EXCEPT my video and audio are slightly out of synch. The audio is half a second behind the video...just enough to be annoying, and it seems to get worse as the movie progresses
    I use DrDivx to encode to Divx having already ripped my DVD to my hard disc using DVD Decrypter and this is the only problem I've experienced. Any ideas?
    Carl

7. jsharper

jsharper Member

Carl,
    Upgrade your firmware. These types of problems largely went away in 2.0.33/2.0.34.

8. lozzer

lozzer Member

everytime i record something directly on to the archos when i try to join the relevant avis in virtualdub or in anything else it tells me it cant join them as the audio steams have different sample sizes even they were recored at exactly the same settings?!please help

9. CarlOlsen

CarlOlsen Member

Thanks JSharper. I'd already updated the firmware and still had the problem which I've now traced to the fact that I was encoding audio in VBR. When I change to CBR the video and audio sync perfectly. Shame cos I'd prefer to encode in VBR. Anyway, problem solved and that's the main thing! Thanks again for your reply.

10. greenball

greenball Member

hi

i am having a problem with my archos av420 when i hook it up to the tv and try to redcord something such as a show the picture records but for some reason the sound doesnt. maybe i am attaching it to my tv wrong but i though that i followed the directions. can someone give me some advice?

11. Djetou

Djetou Member

hi, Just bought a archos av420. Having problems knowing how to load album covers onto it? can anyone help. Also ripped dvd into IFO format and it works perfect but there is no menu screen(chapters etc) only the film. how do you get the chapters and menu screen to be available or is this not possible? Thanks

12. BIGCRAIG

BIGCRAIG Member

Ok, Everybody with questions about putting video on the Archos AV400. I believe I have stumbled upon a "VERY" simple solution. There is a program call Pocket DVD Studio for putting DVD's on your pocket pc and was method of watching movies before purchasing the Archos. Since I got tired of trying to convert movies with all the previously posted solutions(not ungrateful though) I figured what the Hell I'd give it a shot and WOW to my surprise it worked like it was made for the Archos.

Now after a lil trial and error (so you don't have to) here is what I found to work best. The resolution should stay in the 300-400 by whatever range, it does wonder with the Xvid and Divx 6 encoder, don't put the volume level too high (you don't need to), make sure you set it to joint stereo (all these settings are found on the DVD output menu), and on the home screen choose the last option 16:9 and you are set. It may seem like a lot, but it's only a few clicks and once you see what i'm talking about you'll know it's a piece of cake.
    Divx 5 was not so good, but hell try it - it may work for you.

Now, it takes about 4 hours for a regular movie on my P3/800 megahertz computer and it took about 5 and a half hours to do a Seasons series disk of the Sapranos (and that's at least 4 hours of movie. Give it a try - it will be worth EVERY moment and penny (if you choose to pay for the Program) :)
    Oh yeah make the files as big as possible for quality - Hell the biggest file I have so far is 698mb - Chump change in the world of 20gig hard drives Baby.

PS. yes the audio is wonderful and so far in sync

PEACE
    The BIG MAN

13. tom2212

tom2212 Member

hi, i have got an archos av480 and dont kno much about computers, youve probably answered this loads of times alreadi but i dont understand it so how do i get avi videos from my computer to my av480
    cheers

14. glendower

glendower Member

I've read this forum with interest, however I seem to have the opposite problem.

I have recorded a programme on my AV420 but have a problem with playback. The AVI file plays great on my PC but when I try to play it over my Pinnacle Showcenter system I get 'unknown sound codec' and no sound.

Any ideas ?

Pete

15. Desi420

Desi420 Member

i have burnt some cd's with xvid format which does not play on my SONY NS52P player....!!!!!! it seems like the player only plays old divx formats and NOT the new xvid format cd's so CAN SOMEONE PLEASE HELP ME!!!

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE TELL ME HOW AND WHAT TO DO SO I CAN PLAY THESE MOVIES ON MY SONY PLAYER...!!!!