1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Xvid DVD rip problem

Discussion in 'DivX / XviD' started by Hans5849, Jan 19, 2005.

1. Hans5849

Hans5849 Member

ok, i ripped a video accoring to the doom9.net Xvid Guide and 3/4 of the way thru the video went shitty. It was as if the bitrate dropped down to 2 at the end of the movie (screen shots soon). Im woundering if anyone else has had this problem and knows how to solve it.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jan 19, 2005
  2. Kingd

Kingd Guest

Get yourself autogknot and do it the easy way. I'm not familiar with doom9 method but it sounds like a zones issue in xvid or something like that.

3. Hans5849

Hans5849 Member

you see the problem is i like to do things hands onl, autogknot doesn't give me that

4. Kingd

Kingd Guest

Hands on? Then use Gordian Knot. That is more hands on then Auto Gknot but allows you to tweak settings and avisynth scripts, etc. I use it and it works great. I just took a look and doom9 has a gordian knot guide for xvid 1.0 stable and the 1.1 beta which is said to be very good as well. Again, it sounds like a zone problem, did you configure a zone for credits at the end of the movie? The zone could be kicking off at the wrong time and dropping the bitrate down during the movie rather then when the credits actually start.

5. Hans5849

Hans5849 Member

i used Gordian Knot (1.1 to be exact) to do this video. I didn't configure for the credits at all.

6. Kingd

Kingd Guest

Okay, your not using chapters and subtitles (optional) step 5 in gknot setup right? I'm still using 1.03 but ill switch shortly to 1.1. Anyhow they are both similar. I don't see why your movie would suddenly get real shitty after a certain time. I would suggest looking at xvid settings again. I don't think its gordian knot, must be something with the settings. Perhaps hitting load default settings and starting from scratch. It may be picking up settings from older versions.

7. shiroh

shiroh Guest

1.1 beta1 IS good. i can see qualitywise better than 1.0.2

as for the blocking, i have no idea.
    and can't think any right now

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 21, 2005