1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

xvid files

Discussion in 'DivX / XviD' started by gamedog22, May 29, 2007.

1. gamedog22

gamedog22 Member

How can I play Xvid files on my windows media player ? Every time I try it says "the file is either corupt or the player does not support th format." Are there any players out there that play xvid ?

2. celtic_d

celtic_d Regular member

Depends what you mean by Xvid files. Xvid is just a video codec, you can have raw video streams or you can have Xvid video along with some form of audio in a container.

Anyway, back to WMP. WMP is a direct show based player and as long as you have the right filters installed it can basically play anything. For Xvid you need to install Xvid or another compatible decoder (such as ffdshow) and a parser for whatever container it is in or even for raw video.

3. jony218

jony218 Guest

The following play xvid , VLC media player, gom media player, winamp version 5 or later. If you can still not play them download the k-lite codec pack full (latest version 3.xx), this will add all the latest video/audio codecs (decoders)to your computer.

4. gamedog22

gamedog22 Member

Thank you both.

5. Quiet1s3

Quiet1s3 Guest

HI, ok ive read and read about all the ways to make xvid work to converfer to dvd, but i still dont understand what program to work and how to work it .. i got xvid codec in stalled with k-light and i still cant or dont understand how to use or decord the movies ive been downloading.. Ive read all over this site to try and make since of it, and try the suggtions but still nothing works.. isnt ther somone out there that can tell ya in plaine english how to conver these files to copy them on dvd to use in a dvd player?????? thxs

6. MysticE

MysticE Active member

Don't hijack other folks threads, and I doubt that you've spent any time perusing these forums as what you ask has been discussed/answered hundreds of times.

7. Quiet1s3

Quiet1s3 Guest

Hey, MysticE u need to get a life, telling me i didnt do this or that how do u know ur not here with me are ya. and i asked to say it plainer as i dont understand it, how hard is that instead of beening a mouth.... i have all those programs on my puter and i dont see any way to use them as what i can tell they work iwth other programs that i cant seem to get to work.... next time someone can help me a little better then bad mouthing me.. MysticE u dont even know me so back off

8. celtic_d

celtic_d Regular member

With all respect, they have a point. This thread is about playing back files and your question is about converting files to DVD video.

So,
    1) This thread has nothing to do with your question (hijacking).
    2) This forum has nothing to do with your question (there is a different one for avi to DVD).
    3) Converting files to DVD video is as said covered plenty already.

You will find that if you put in a little effort that there are plenty of people willing to help and things will go much more smoothly.

So my advice would be to have a look around here: http://forums.afterdawn.com/forum_view.cfm/40

Then if you can't find what you are looking for, start a new thread there. There are plenty of guides to follow though and apps like ConvertXtoDVD where you really don't need one.

9. Quiet1s3

Quiet1s3 Guest

WHATEVER: