1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

xvid issue

Discussion in 'DivX / XviD' started by georgy239, May 16, 2004.

1. georgy239

georgy239 Guest

ok,i have several xvid video clips that seem to have a jitter within the picture,
    the whole froame does not jitter just some parts,
    can anyone tell me why this is?
    i have the most upto date xvid codes on my machine so i dont think that its a code issue(although i could be wrong).
    will the jitter be removed after i re-encode the movie to mpeg2?
    any help will be greatfully received.
    thanx
    georgyporgy.

2. Mick69

Mick69 Guest

if its a codec issue causing jittery playback then yes re-encoding to mpeg1/2 will probably sought out that problem

but if its a problem with the actual source then no
    _X_X_X_X_X_[small]I'MMM GEEKIN OUT!!!![/small]

Last edited by a moderator: May 16, 2004
  3. georgy239

georgy239 Guest

after re-encoding to mpeg 2 the jitter seems to have gone, used dvd lab to encode which has many cool features including an anti jitter selection, all is well,
    thanx for your contact.

4. Mick69

Mick69 Guest

no worries

cheerz

5. shiroh

shiroh Guest

my geuss is that the video was inverse telecined( converted from 29.967fps to 23.97fps) and was done either badly or the source was a hybrid of the to framerate, anime usually have this hybrid thing.

so just reencoding to mpeg2 won't do the trick like mick said.

i'm not sure about this. how about you get the jittery part and telecined it back to 29fps ?

6. georgy239

georgy239 Guest

the jitters are no more,
    if anyone requires any further help,then just ask, P.S.
    maybe this is something for the moderators to observe,
    ive just had an email from "PARAMOUNT", this is with ref to a film that appered on my machine,
    i have been through the motions of burning the "clip" to disc so as to find out what it is and it would appear to be a popular movie.
    i was un aware that this was an issue?
    can anyone tell me what they are suggesting, lol

7. Dela

Dela Administrator Staff Member

You get your files from a P2P network?

8. shiroh

shiroh Guest

turn off file sharing right now. don't confess anything. get rid of the evidence, for good.

9. Mick69

Mick69 Guest

as i said, if theres a problem with the source simply re-encoding to mpeg/2 will not solve the problem

whaaaaaa!?! this is the first ive heard about anything like this and im finding it a bit hard to believe as well, going after ppl who have xvid/divx re-encodes doesnt make sense.

10. georgy239

georgy239 Guest

im not lying to you,
    but im guessing that they may have some sort on security on the pictures and photos they post in support of the films they release and if anyone uses the jpegs or saves them to their machine it gets picked up by some clever server somewhere, thats my guess anyway.

11. Mick69

Mick69 Guest

hmmmmmmmmmmm riiiiight

anyways if worst comes to worst you can always counter-sue for invasion of privacy or just plead insanity, anyone that uses kazaa or any other p2p program that it has spawned should have their head checked anyway =P

12. georgy239

georgy239 Guest

sure enough but it tunred out to be the attatchment on the picture not the film ,all is well

13. Dela

lol!! people need to calm down anyways, the MPAA are not on an RIAA-like manhunt to sue their own customers!

14. shiroh

shiroh Guest

all is well ?

glad to hear.

15. Dela

the only thing that you will get from them for any copyright infringement is a letter! its up to your ISP to do something about it!

16. georgy239

georgy239 Guest

sounds about right, any way its good to be paranoid.

17. djlemo

djlemo Member

Hi everybody, i am having a diferent problem with an XVID, i just cant record it on a VCD, i cant transfer it into a MPEG and i dont know why, does anybody knows why and how can i solve this problem.
    I am using Easy cd creator 6 and i have encoded and recorded some VCD with other avids but i cant get it to work with an XVID.
    Any Ideas?

18. georgy239

georgy239 Guest

do you have the xvid codec installed, try changing the software your using, i.e. use virtual dub, then TMPGenc plus and finally dvd lab, and nero 6 to burn, if you use these bits of software then you will be fine.

19. Mick69

Mick69 Guest

a little more info on what problems you are actually having trying to convert xvid to mpeg would be helpful, i.e what errors are showing up if any ect ect

20. georgy239

georgy239 Guest

yes a little more info would be handy or would you like us to use the force?