1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Xvid Movies Skip To Next Movie in Yamada 6600

Discussion in 'Video playback problems' started by deelondon, Feb 11, 2005.

1. deelondon

deelondon Member

I've been using Fairuse 1.0, to Backup DVD movies to Yellow Datawrite G05 DVD-R's (8 speed disk but written at 4 speed)

I save each movie as 1.4gn in size so I can get 3 movies to a disk, but I've tried 3 different disc's and three totally different movies and I can watch the movies to a certai point and then they'll just skip to the next movie. And in the Yamada 6600 all I can do is go back to the beginning of the movie and fast forward, but tried this and it skipped again at the same point. When I did a verify with Nro it was fine and there's no scratches on the disks (any of the 3 disks)

Could this be from using Xvid? I used to use DivX but recently did all these movies using the Xvid built into FaireUse 1.0.

I don't remember any problems like this when I did them with DivX. I've used an AVI checker and the files seem perfect.

Any thoughts?

I upgraded my firmware on the Yamada a few months ago with some firmware that replaces the start screen with a flower and more sound options and better menu system.

Any idea what the problem could be it generally occurs more then an hour into a movie.

2. deelondon

deelondon Member

BTW I did notice in one movie it stopped and moved on to the next movie during a very sudden scene change inthe movie the secret windows around 1 hour 7 minutes into the movie.

Could sudden scene changes make the Yamada 6600 skip to the next movie?

3. celtic_d

celtic_d Regular member

Did you have VBV enabled? Guess it is possible that it skips due to a bitrate spike?

4. deelondon

deelondon Member

What about using UDF instead of ISO, could this be causing it?

5. celtic_d

celtic_d Regular member

Sure most playes don't like UDF (at least in raw/file mode), but your files are under 2GB's anyway.

6. deelondon

deelondon Member

Yes those movies that skipped were under 2GB but I was using UDF for them. I'd done a few 3 hour long movies at 2.2gb to keep quality up and Nero said you have to use UDF so I kind of stuck with UDF for all my discs recently even if it was 3 files of 1.4gb.

Could that be it using UDF? I thought Universal Disk Format would have been the best option, maybe I should use ISO? I'm not sure what the problems is if it's using Xvid instead of DivX or UDF instead of ISO or both. But I know the movies play fine on a PC when copied back from the DVD to HD.