1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

XVID & NERO

Discussion in 'Video playback problems' started by mr335, Sep 19, 2005.

1. mr335

mr335 Member

When I watch an XVID created video from my computer the sound syncs fine to the video. When I burn the file to disc with nero and play on my computer all is well there also. The problem starts when I try to play the disc on both of my stand alone players. The say they support the XVID codec and the video plays fine. The problem is the audio. It is out of sync with the video. Has anyone encountered this problem? Thanks for the help.

2. celtic_d

celtic_d Regular member

No players fully support XviD and unlike DivX there is no certification programme. So anyone can just write XviD support in their specs, on the box, etc.

That said I don't think that the video is the issue. What audio format? Container?

3. mord

mord Regular member

i have the same problem...i burned some tv episodes on a dvd and all worked fine except the last 3 and the sound was a little out of synch.
    I got a RJ-Tech 800 dvd player...so is this because the dvd player doesnt fully support xvid? or i might need a firmware upgrade?

4. mord

mord Regular member

if the files (xvid/divx) i'm playing are pal but my dvd player is ntsc could this be a reason also?