1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

XviD out of sync, windows media player error !

Discussion in 'DivX / XviD' started by nudda, Apr 7, 2005.

1. nudda

nudda Guest

Hi all,

First of all - great site ! Heaps of very useful information here.

Ive been an old time XviD user and have never had the problem. I have a video file which freezes uppon startup in windows media player ... the sound then comes (with video frozen) then the video plays, sound disappears and windows media player gives me an error. The movie keep playing with the error displayed and no sound. Now this is weird because most of my xvid videos 90% of them I would say are all fine apart from this one. I was thinking it could be a file being corrupt but the file works fine on my laptop and another desktop.

Could anyone diagnose the problem ?

Thank you

2. aldaco12

aldaco12 Active member

The diagnose is fast: that AVI is corrupted. The solution is less easy: you should split the 'OK' part (without the movie piece which lies around around the corruption point) from the corrupted one with VirtualDub.
    Maybe, if try to you cut the corrupted piece out (Video ___ Select Range and do 0--->Split for the movie_part1.AVI 1st part, Split+Delta---> End for the movie_part2.AVI 2nd one) you should manage to fix the problem.

Last edited: Apr 8, 2005
  3. nudda

nudda Guest

why does it work on other computers and not mine ?

4. nudda

nudda Guest

you lot a f\/cking useless

5. celtic_d

celtic_d Regular member

and you are an idiot.

Like anyone is going to help you now.

6. aldaco12

aldaco12 Active member

No one will help him, until he has changed to another nick. Good-bye, Nudda...