1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

XviD playback issues on standalone...

Discussion in 'Video playback problems' started by head2head, Feb 20, 2006.

1. head2head

head2head Member

Hi there...

I recently bought a Liteon 1105 DivX certified DVD recorder, and I'm having a few issues playing some recent XviD files on it.

I get rather jerky playback on files, especially when panning across the screen etc. I've used Mpeg4Modifier to unpack the bitrate, and that has helped on some files, although on others it causes the video to go out of sync (although the jerkiness is significantly improved!).

I'm wanting to get rid of the jerky playback and keep it in sync, but a solution seems to be illuding me at the moment. I've even tried re-encoding the files to DivX using VirtualDubMod, but with no luck :( - the DivX files still jerk slightly and the sync often goes and playback is blocky.

The files are (generally!) packed bitstream, video data rate of between 900-1120kbps, with vbr mp3 audio at 128kbps.

I'll post more details as soon as I get in from owrk, but I was wondering if anyone else had encountered this and how they fixed it?

2. slates71

slates71 Guest

Hi.
    Yeah, I've had one or 2 issue with movies that I've played back on my divX DVD player. I first thought it was the player but I used MPEG4 Modifier and it seams to have sorted out the problem. However, there are one or 2 movies, well, episodes of X-Files, that when I try and read the file it get a message: 'This is not a valid MPEG-4 video(startcode not found at beginning of frame)'
    I have no idea how to solve this. Also it failed to read a movie that was joined together using AVI Mux, whether that was coincidence I just don't know. If you have since found other software that can solve this video out of sync issue I'd be interested to know.

3. celtic_d

celtic_d Regular member

I'd guess that the files are DivX 3, which despite being MS MPEG-4 V3 isn't actually MPEG-4. Still most (all?) players support it anyway.