1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

XviD playback problem

Discussion in 'Video playback problems' started by REBEL_AUS, Jan 2, 2004.

1. REBEL_AUS

REBEL_AUS Guest

first off, I am not sure if it is a problem with XviD movies or just this one.
    I have a XviD movie and when it plays(windows media player) things leave trails behind them and when it changes scene the earlier image still partially stays there.
    I have the XviD codec(NIMO codec pack) so im not sure what the problem is.
    EDIT: when i play it with DivX player it is fine!
    will it be all good when/if i put it to a VCD/DVD

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 2, 2004
  2. jojo32

jojo32 Guest

dude I have the same problem I think! It never has done this before, I know it is something to do with computer cause I just reformatted. I know the xvid files are fine because I tried them on other computers. Whats also weird is that some do it, and some dont, so I guess that can only mean the opposite, that it's the file! AHHH it goes both ways! We worked on this trying drivers and everything. No luck here. I am stumped other than that, so, hopefully someone else will help!

3. nrosrgn

nrosrgn Guest

I have had a similar problem. Even with the codec pack (I use KLite codec pack) WMP bitched about playing xvid. I installed VIDOMI and all was well.

4. Kingd

Kingd Guest

What version of xvid are you guys installing? I am aware of numerous problems with the 1.0 beta and specifically the decoder in that beta. Im not sure whats in nero since i never use it but you probably need an earlier alpha version, or nics version of xvid.

5. jojo32

jojo32 Guest

I have tried it already on another comuter and it works fine with the same version of xvid so that is not the problem.

6. Praetor

Praetor Moderator Staff Member

7. jojo32

jojo32 Guest

ffdshow worked!!! You are a miricle maker!!!! Definitly pro!!!

8. Praetor

Praetor Moderator Staff Member

Now all you have to do is tell that to the rest of the world :p