1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

XVID playback problems (line on left side of screen)

Discussion in 'Video playback problems' started by baines57, Nov 11, 2003.

1. baines57

baines57 Member

I have recently installed the XVID codec on my PC. It worked fine, but for some reason now every time I open a file in Windows MediaPlayer, there is a 'stripey' line, about an inch across, on the left hand side of the screen. I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling the XVID codec but it doesn't help. The only other codec I have installed is the DIVX Pro5 bundle. Can anyone help?

2. powerdup

powerdup Regular member

Does this line appear when you watch anything other than avis?

Is this the newest release of the xvid codec that youre using or some older version?

3. baines57

baines57 Member

Thanks for the response.

It only happens when I'm opening up AVIs. My MPEGs open fine (in RealPlayer). It's only AVIs that I open in MediaPlayer that are the problem.

I uninstalled my XVID codec and installed the latest version using the link you provided, but the problem remains. There aren't any audio problems, just the picture.

4. powerdup

powerdup Regular member

Ok, try using the FFdshow filter to playback your avis.

I forgot to ask this, but were there any problems when you tried using the divx 5 codec?

5. baines57

baines57 Member

Thanks again.

I have not had any problems with the DIVX codec.

I have installed ffdshow, however the problem persists. I have noticed that the same problem occurs when playing Real Media files in RealOne Player.