1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

XVID Playback Problems

Discussion in 'Video playback problems' started by brycek82, Aug 26, 2008.

1. brycek82

brycek82 Member

Hi, i recently downloaded some video files from a torrent and for some reason they wont play on my computer. Every time i try to open the file with media player classic, "AVI Chunk Viewer" pops up and says "This AVI file was not prepared for sequential reading, the alternative AVI Splitter will not let the default one handle it. The complete reinterweaving of this file is strongly recommended before burning it onto a slow media like a cdrom" I then click ok and sound plays but no video (the sound kinda jumps around as well).

I have a rough understanding of what interweaving is and correct me if im wrong, but is to do with how the video/audio sync and data is written into a file.

So is there a program i can use to easily reintereave the file preferably in a batch as there are a few files??

BTW im using the latest K-Lite Codec Pack on XP Pro 64bit and my xbox plays the files fine.....

Can any one help me plz???

2. attar

attar Senior member

3. brycek82

brycek82 Member

thanks for that...worked a treat. :D

4. attar

attar Senior member

Okey-dokey