1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

XVID Problem

Discussion in 'DivX / XviD' started by greglt, Feb 3, 2007.

1. greglt

greglt Member

Hi all,

New here and any help would be appreciated.

I have no problem burning AVI files onto a DVD however with XVID files (which are normally unrar'd and in two parts) Nero Vision just closes when I go add file and they will not play in windows media player. Interesting enough they will play in VLC media player. I have tried uninstalling the codecs, have rolled back windows media player but still does not work. I do not know if there is something with nero and windows media player which is causing problems but it seems there might be.

Thanks in advance

Greg

2. rdmercer1

rdmercer1 Active member

use convertxtodvd this program will fix your problems, and is a much better converter thain nero

3. aldaco12

aldaco12 Active member

Do you have the XviD codec installed? Because I'm afraid Nero tries to encode AVI -> DVD and cannot decode DivX.

Ah, if your DVD Pleyer reads DivX files, you can try to 'cheat' it; you burn a data-CD checking (misc) the Nero option change FourCC code XviD to DivX to make the file DivX compatible).
    Maybe you can trick your DVD player and you won't need to convert the file.