1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Xvid Problems

Discussion in 'Video playback problems' started by Samwise, Jan 19, 2003.

1. Samwise

Samwise Member

I'm having a few problems with DVD Screener aquired from KaZaa, and I was hoping thet someone with more experience then me would be able to help me out. I'll outline my situaltion first.
    The film is in two xvid .avi files (ViTE) one is 700Mb and the other 693Mb consisting of around three hours of video between them. Both are excellent quality, but the audio on the first of these files slowly slips out of synch. It's only a matter of about 0.25 seconds, but enough to be annoying. I've seen comments about correcting problems like this with VirtualDub, but how do you go about this?
    Secondly, I'm aware that I can convert these files to MPEG1, and burn them onto VCD, from the help provided by your excellent article, but is there any way I can make them VCD compatible and still keep to two disks, or is this kind of compression not possible?

2. joninio

joninio Guest

Does the audio slip out after you've tried to convert it to vcd?

3. Samwise

Samwise Member

The audio is already out on the original file, I haven't yet attempted to convert these files to MPEG1

4. gush

gush Member

try v/dub. open file.then select,video,frame rate,and check video and audio durations to match.then select audio,full processing mode.then selct video,direct stream copy.then select file,save avi.that should do it.

5. Samwise

Samwise Member

I tried that process, but the output file could not be read by any of my players. Is there any utility I could use to remove a few milliseconds off the start of the audio, and then re-synch it?

6. Qdrfoglio

Qdrfoglio Member

7. robocock

robocock Member

where can we download the fix?

8. bart91

bart91 Member

first go to: "http://www.divxmovies.com/faq/#4.4" download the ac3 codec unzip it and run the install.bat if it's finished go to:
    "start > command" then type:
    "regsvr32 /u %WINDIR%\SYSTEM\IVIAUDIO.AX" that's it