1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

XVID Problems

Discussion in 'DivX / XviD' started by JMcQueen, May 23, 2004.

1. JMcQueen

JMcQueen Regular member

Hi,

Im having problems with XVID playback. Some files I get just a green screen (with audio), while others are 'blocky'. I suspect its a codec issue since all the players I've tried have been the same, but cant find anywhere with a codec that works. Can anyone help?

2. Kingd

Kingd Guest

Okay lets start at the beginning, what are your pc specs (OS, hardware) and what version of xvid are you using? The old green screen problem was present in some very old stable versions. The latest xvid 1.0 came out last week and works great. Also the latest FFD show is out to and should work fine. If youve installed any codec packs, you should probably uninstall all that old stuff, find a registry cleaner and start from scratch.

3. JMcQueen

JMcQueen Regular member

Im using Koepi 1.0

my PC is:
    2x Athlon MP2800
    2gig Crucial DDR
    XP Pro

is there anything different you'd recommend?

4. djlemo

djlemo Member

I had the same problem before, and i found out that having the DIVX codecs installed at the same time that the XVID codecs creates this kind of Codec Conflicts, in order to try to fix your problem you will have to uninstall all the DIVX codecs you have installed and just install the latest XVID codec, this codec support also the DIVX files so there is no need to have them both, on the other hand they can give you many headaches, try and see if that solves your problem!!!!!
    You can get the XVID codec here

http://www.xvid.org/modules.php?op=modload&name=News&file=article&sid=23&mode=thread&order=0&thold=0

5. Kingd

Kingd Guest

That site that djlemo linked actually contains the source code which wont help you unless you know how to compile it. You should be able to find the link to the executable on this site somewhere. Uninstall any other codecs you might have, download a registry cleaner like regseeker (free), clean your registry, then install the xvid codec and any others like ac3 and whatnot and give it a try.