1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

xvid question?

Discussion in 'DivX / XviD' started by spinx, Mar 13, 2004.

1. spinx

spinx Member

I downloaded an .xvid movie. It came in a folder labled that it was an .xvid movie, and in the folder was a bunch of files all ending with (.001 through .049). I have never worked with .xvid, and I have no clue what to do with this stuff. I looked all over the internet for a .xvid player, but the ones that play .xvid, don't seem to understand the format of the files that came in the folder. I need some help.

2. buxton

buxton Regular member

If I had to make a guess it sounds like someone has split the file in multiple parts? That's a bit of a guess. Is there a text file in there at all???

3. Pein

Pein Active member

Open the .001 with winrar and extract the movie from the packets.

4. Pein

Pein Active member

5. spinx

spinx Member

You are absolutely right, don't know why I didn't think of it before. Also I should have used the search, but I didn't see a search field, sorry, I just figured there wasn't one. Thanks for all the help.

6. Mick69

Mick69 Guest

whaaaaaa an xvid file thats been packed???
    thats weird, in my experiance xvid files come as just that 1 file

ive only come across packed files (zipped, then rar'ed in mutiple segments) when downloading proper vcd/svcd's

why any1 would pack an xvid/divx is beyond me(cause its not like the xvid is a massive image bin/cue file like svcd/vcd) but im not in the packing scene, or even a release group scene for that matter so fucked if i know (not really a space saver, maybe a few mb at most)

anyway yeah just start extracting the first rar and the rest will follow suit easy pesy =D

cheers m8