1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Xvid Sound To fast

Discussion in 'DivX / XviD' started by haXed, Sep 30, 2004.

1. haXed

haXed Guest

Hey

I have a problem, when i play an Xvid file the videoe plays perfect but the sound plays so fast its untrue. When i look at the poperties of the file in Divx it says that the audio is DVDXaudio Dec, i tried to find that and had no luck. So i dont know what to do.

Hope you can help me :)

Thanks

2. The_OGS

The_OGS Active member

Hi buddy,
    This happens now & then,
    the audio was probably not made carefully enough...
    The quick & easy fix is to re-interleave your AVI, using: probably NanDub would be best
    http://prdownloads.sourceforge.net/ndub/nandub-binary-1.0rc2.rar
    You need to set both audio and video to 'direct stream copy'.
    You cannot slow the audio down, instead you must increase the video framerate.
    For example, if it is standard 23.976 you could change it to 23.984
    There will be a recommended framerate listed, which will allow the audio and the video to finish at the same time (which is what you want :)
    But trial & error is the only sure way...
    Ideally you will read the AVI from one drive, and write the new file to another.
    If you have only one HD, try to read from one partition and write to another.
    If you have only one partition, make sure you don't overwrite any files - make a different (destination) folder.
    By manipulating video framerate and advancing or retarding the start of the audio, there is no messed-up AVI that cannot be fixed, or at least made more watchable.
    I got real good at timing AVIs...
    Then, I got GordianKnot ;)
    Now they're always perfect every time.
    Regards

3. rick5446

rick5446 Guest

hope theirs still help here...I'm having a problem with nandub..I've downloaded it 2 diff ways nandub-sources-1.0rc2.rar & nandub-binary1.0rc2.rar...but all they seem to do is open power dvd
    The files should be in my temp directory..but when i search they are not their..any suggestions on getting nandub a diff way