1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Xvid Sync problem

Discussion in 'Video playback problems' started by eranros, Dec 16, 2002.

1. eranros

eranros Member

I Dl a movie encoded in Xvid . I have Nic codec installed (also tried koepi's 04102002 ) but the problem remains:
    The movie plays very slowly (stutters) while the audio plays normally but without sync to the video. In fact it seems as if the video lags the audio.
    Any ideas?

2. DivvyX

DivvyX Member

If you read my post before yours you would see that you can change the Codec from XVID to DIVX and play it through DIVX player. When you downloaded the XVID pack you should of got a EXE file called AviC.exe (if u dont I can send it to you). This changes the source Codec from XVID to DIVX, DIV3, DIV4, MP43, MP42. I normally change it to DIVX and play through DIVX and the movie runs fine synced up.

3. eranros

eranros Member

thanks for the advice, but it doesn't help. Even with divx 5.02 codec the sync is of. Could it be a problem in the encoding? Any way to re-encode it?

Last edited: Dec 17, 2002
  4. DivvyX

DivvyX Member

Download it again !!!

5. eranros

eranros Member

Afraid that won't help. I DL two other chapters of the series - all Xvid - and they all have the same problem.

6. DivvyX

DivvyX Member

Check my post before, Someone suggested I download the Codecs for Xvid. I had already tried the DivX one to no avail. Try the other one.
    I will try it later on this week!!!

Also what was the movie in question...???

7. eranros

eranros Member

Like I said in my first post - I already tried the Xvid drivers.
    The series is called "Taken"

8. stevead3

stevead3 Member

Have u found a solution? I had the same problem after dl the taken series. I believe I solved the problem by downloading Divfix. I have heard of and just serached on google to find it. After installing it i loaded the 1st taken file and then "stripped" it and then rebuilt it. These comands are found under the file dropdown menu. I checked the filed and it works.

9. eranros

eranros Member

Are you sure that's what fixed it ? I have tried DivFix 1.091 and it did not seem to do anything. Anyway, it did not solve the problem. I also tried the files on a win98 PC - same problem.