1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Xvid to Divx

Discussion in 'DivX / XviD' started by drslide, Oct 31, 2004.

1. drslide

drslide Member

I have a problem, i've just bought a divx player and it will only play a few movies in the xvid format so i'm looking to convert all my xvids over. I,ve tried using tmpgenc xpress 3.0 but i just get an invalid sample format message even though the movies do not have ac3 coded sound (i have checked this in gspot). I have tried riverpast video cleaner without much luck.
    This problem is causing me a lot of wasted time so i thought i'd come see the experts. Any help and hopefully a solution would be great.

Many thanks

2. Angeliss

Angeliss Guest

Whay mpeg4 player did you buy. I thought with my old xms888 that it wouldnt play xvids and i too was conveting to divx5's, that is untill i worked out it was an audio codec problem, make sure four xvid is mp3. worth a try. let me know if this worked for you

3. drslide

drslide Member

i have a philips 630 dvd player, how do i convert my audio to mp3 if th audio on the movie is different?

4. DsssM

DsssM Member

5. DsssM

DsssM Member

For audio use VirtualDub-1.5.10 to demux, Lame (CDex or EAC) to convert (use CBR) and AVI-Mux_GUI-1.16.8 to mux ;)

There you could see what codecs are supported by your DVD, but it's in french :( http://www.divxtest.com/resultats.php3