Hi, I have been having a lot of problems converting xvid avi's to dvd. I started with various avi's, split the audio out with VirtualDubmod and made a stream copy of the video without audio. I then use the video file with Tmpgenc and try to convert to a dvd (m2v) file. At various locations in this encoding process I get either a "Read error occurred at address xxxxx in tmpgenc.exe..." or "Write error ... " or windows hangs and reboots. I have tried: * Increasing the priority of directshow to 2 * Tmpgenc versions, most recent, 22.214.171.124, Plus and Express. * Codecs xvid, divx, 3ivx, nimo packs * Virtualdub and Virtualdubmod for the preprocessing * Many different video files that all play correctly * Framestreaming from Virtualdub and Virtualdubmod * Encoding also with Nero Vision, Mainconcept, Canopos Procoder 2.0, Super DVD Creator, and others I cant remember. Everytime a similar outcome of hanging. I am running WinXP SP2, and it has only been a few weeks since a complete rebuild. Not sure what else I can try. I have read everything I can find on the net about these issues for the last two days, so I hope someone can help.