1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

xvid to dvd

Discussion in 'Copy DVD to DVDR' started by waybrane, Jan 24, 2006.

1. waybrane

waybrane Member

well, i have a folder stuffed full of one click programs and i have tried a number of them to convert xvid to dvd, what i keep running into is once i start the process, my computer will just over load and reboot itself, don't know what i am doing wrong, but i know in the past i have not had this problem. followed a number guides to the tee and so far as i know, i shouldn't have this problem, don't have anything major running when i do the convertions......confused?

i have a athlon 3200, with a gb of ram, windows xp, ati 9000 pro video card

2. paul1085

paul1085 Regular member

I'v never run into a single problem like that and mines only got a lowly 512MB of ram and a hardrive capacity of 40gb. :(

Have you tried using VSO copytoDVD and DivxtoDVD these sort of work as a team and the vso divxtodvd has a VERY large capacity for different movie files. Works like a charm for me.

Newayz hope this helps :)

3. waybrane

waybrane Member

i think that i have tried vso divx to dvd and it just froze up, but i'm don't know what i am doing wrong or what could be the problem, i guess i'm worried since i don't see anyone else having this problem. all of my files are fresh since i have recently reformatted my harddrive, so i don't think its a software issue, maybe i have more running than i realize.......thanks for the reply, sometimes i get frustrated cause i do see ppl saying that they use vso or winavi and have no problems and i do use the guides and i am wondering what the hell am i doing so wrong that i'm not having success? i'm pretty anal about doing things by the directions......????

4. andmerr

andmerr Guest

lets see

1.have you defragged recently?
    2.checked for spyware?
    3.checked for viruses?
    4.How many burning apps do you have?
    5.Is nero one of them and if so can you produce a log of one of your burns?

5. waybrane

waybrane Member

i defrag on a regular basis, and check for spyware and viruses continually.......sygate, speedit up extreme, cfos speed optimizer for cable, and any programs running in the background for xp....and i wish i had gotten to a point where i could have burnt a disk but i haven't even gotten to that point yet......so no log.

6. paul1085

paul1085 Regular member

Not sure wether this would make it crash but are your harddrives partitioned because mine was partitioned as FAT32 up until I realised you can't store things over 2GB so had to partition it to NTFS just so I could go about doing my daily activities. :)

Last edited: Jan 25, 2006
  7. waybrane

waybrane Member

this may sound stupid, but how do u check for that situation....

8. rp_024

rp_024 Guest

Start>Settings>Control Panel>Administrative Tools>Computer Management>Disc Management.

But if you don't know if your drive is partitioned, then most likely you haven't partitioned it. However, if you purchased the pc in a store completed, then there is a good chance the manufacturer partitioned for your restore location. Don't touch it if that is the case. This is where XP saves a live copy of your system settings in case you've got to restore the machine due to some kind of failure or catastrophic incedent

9. waybrane

waybrane Member

when i reformatted, it was back to oem specs, so i assume, it being xp and all that it was ntfs.......system restore didn't do the trick.

10. rp_024

rp_024 Guest

XP can only be formatted in NTFS. FAT isn't an option. Had you had a secondary drive installed, you can format as anything.

11. waybrane

waybrane Member

kinda of figured that, but i guess i'm still trying to figure out what is going on......by the way thanks for all of your reply's, and your time and patience!

12. paul1085

paul1085 Regular member

Mines a window xp special edition 2 and came with the hardrives partitioned both in Fat32, you can check by going to contol panel, performace and maintenence and then rearrange programs to make run faster (dfragment) I was lucky cos I had my main one (C) at 30gb Fat32 and my (D) at 7gb Fat32 so I just re-partitioned the D drive and now use that as a temp drive for all thing nice and sweet. :)

Last edited: Jan 25, 2006
  13. paul1085

paul1085 Regular member

14. waybrane

waybrane Member

check it, and i am under ntfs system........not sure where to go fm here?

15. paul1085

paul1085 Regular member

Oh well soz don't know where to take you from here. :(

Hope you get it sorted and best of luck to ya.

16. waybrane

waybrane Member

ty, i will try to edit and keep everyone posted, thanks again for everyone's help!

17. Gekser

Gekser Member

I use avi2dvd(http://www.dvdsoftwareguide.com/avi2dvd-soft.html). It works nice.

Last edited: Jan 28, 2006