1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Xvid to VCD

Discussion in 'MPEG-1 and MPEG-2 encoding (AVI to DVD)' started by Paolo75, Jan 20, 2004.

1. Paolo75

Paolo75 Member

Im trying to encode a copy of Friends ive got on my hard drive, so it can play on my DVD player.

Ive downloaded the relevant codec, and verified it thru G-Spot.

But when i start up TMPGEnc and try to select the Xvid file ive got, it gives me an error message file can not open or is unsupported.

Any suggestions what i need to do?

Thanks is advance

Paolo

2. Hunter007

Hunter007 Regular member

You might have verified it through G-Spot but TMPGEnc does't support it so you need to download the right codec. The one from this site should do.

3. Minion

Minion Senior member

Go to "Options" to "Enviromental Settings" to "Vfapi Plugins" and Raise the Priority of the "Direct Show File Reader" to "2" this should get the File loaded, But you probably will not get any audio Because most Movies downloaded off the net uses VBR Mp3 audio which is not supported By Tmpgenc, So you will have to decompress the audio in the Avi file...What I use is a Simple Tool Called "Decompress.exe" which will Decompress the audio in the AVI file to PCM/Wav and then you can encode the File...If you message me with your E-Mail address I can send it to you...Cheers

4. Paolo75

Paolo75 Member

i tried to increase the priority to 2 on the plugin you said, but it still didnt work. Its driving me mad to be honest.

I dont understand why it wont do it, cos i thought thats what TMPGEnc was for.

Thanks for answering tho.

Paolo

5. Minion

Minion Senior member

Well then either Frameserve the File to Tmpgenc or use a different Mpeg encoder, a Good One that I think is better than Tmpgenc is the "MainConcept Encoder" cuz it is Faster and Less Buggy and about the same Quality...Cheers