1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Xvid upside down on VCD after burning by nero 5.5

Discussion in 'DivX / XviD' started by evil, Mar 3, 2004.

1. evil

evil Member

I know this query has come up lots of times before in many other forums, but, so far the answer has eluded me. None of the suggestions seem to work. PLEASE HELP!! I'm wasting blank CDs burning the same xvid again and again using the different suggestions on here. NONE OF THEM WORK!!

2. Mick69

Mick69 Guest

im guessing your using nero to encode ur xvid, in short DONT, nero my be the best authoring software but is nowhere near the best encoding software, i use tmpgenc and as yet after about 2years, have had no problems encoding any format, try the free version, you may be pleasantly surprised

3. evil

evil Member

doesn't encoding in tmpgnec make the end file very very large after its encoded? Please correct me if i'm wrong!!! And it would be useful if you could explain how to encode with this. cheers

4. Mick69

Mick69 Guest

with tmpge 10mb/1min with is the standard for mpeg1 compression

and as long as you have the xvid codecs which nero also uses for encoding, you wont have a problem

the quality of tmpge is awsome for a free encoder, it beats some encoders that you have to pay alotta money for hands down

5. Mick69

Mick69 Guest

[bold]with tmpge 10mb/1min with is the standard for mpeg1 compression[/bold]

my previous post should read:
    with tmpge 10mb/1min WHICH is the standard for mpeg1 compression

6. evil

evil Member

Are there any guides on this website on how to use TMPGenc? or is it pretty simple?

Last edited: Mar 6, 2004
  7. cryptdigr

cryptdigr Guest

8. evil

evil Member

Well here's what's been happening with my TMPGenc. I started to encode the file. Regular as clockwork, like you guys said 10 mb for the 1 minute. However, it has no sound!!! Jez man, this has been pissing me off for SOO long! (It wasen't upside down though which is cool) NEED HELP GUYS! Thanks for your help so far!

9. cryptdigr

cryptdigr Guest

As stated by MrKyle 2/4/03............

i had no sound problem but solved.. so i would like to share. i convert dvix to dvd... u have to have audio at 48000 and 384 i think...

if u get only picture and no sound.. check the dvd / amplifier input detection... i had mine set to auto, and it didnt pick up sound.. but when u change it to analog.. i got sound

10. Mick69

Mick69 Guest

[bold]However, it has no sound!!![/bold]

tmpge cant process compressed audio (i shoulda mentioned that b4) what you have to do is decompress the audio to wav

ive already answer this in a previous post but i'll say it again seeing i didnt tell you all the in and outs of tmpge:

the easiest program ive found to date
    to decompress audio comes with a program called avi2vcd(dont use it to create vcds cause it sux balls) but its bundled with the best audio decompressor ive seen, very simple yet very very effective, so download the package and you'll find decompressor.exe with it, thats your bitch

heres the link:
    http://encoderx.co.uk/info/avi2vcd.html

11. evil

evil Member

Once again thanks for your help so far. I managed to get the audio on the mpeg-1 by going to environmental settings, going to VFAPI plug-in and right-clicking Direct show multimedia file reader and making it the highest priority. THIS WORKED!! Lush (i thought) then tried to burn onto NERO and now it's burnt but only half a screen!!!!!! Need help again guys.

12. Mick69

Mick69 Guest

hmmmmmmmm
    do you mean that it looks as though the picture is cut off on sides or top and bottom or do you mean what you said literally that theres picture on one side of the screen and not the other???

does the file youve converted with tmpge look right when you play it in mediaplayer???

and also what version of nero are you using??

i know ive asked alotta questions but i cant say ive ever encountered your problem, but get back to me and maybe we can figue this shit out
    cheers

13. evil

evil Member

OK, what happens is this. I'm using NERO 5.5 and when i drag the newly encoded mpeg-1 into the left hand side (where the items you want to burn are) it comes up with the message: 'the file is not a valid file for creating a standard Video CD V2.0 (CD-I player) disc. A compliant video files requires the following specifications: mpeg-1 which was encoded for video CD: Audio 44.1 kHz; stereo; 224 Kbit/s
    video: 352 x 240/ 29.97 Hz or 352x240/ 23.976 Hz or 352x288/25 Hz
    The following problems were found:
    -stream encoding which is invalid for a (Super Video CD)
    -invalid video stream: 25 frames/ second, 576 x 432 pixels
    - invalid audio stream: 48000 Hz, 2 channels

Turn off standard compliance and continue?

Re-encode file?

cancel?

when i choose to turn off standard compliance it burns fine but the end product only shows the TOP half of the picture. When i choose re-encode, Nero either crashes or just closes down itself. Now, i'm thinking it may be an encoding problem in TMPGenc? Your solutions are very welcome!!!!
    (OH YEAH! THE MPEG-1 FILE PLAYS FINE IN WINDOWS MEDIA PLAYER)

Last edited: Mar 9, 2004
  14. Mick69

Mick69 Guest

ok, ur using the same version of nero as me so that shouldnt be a problem

the problem i think is your resolution(its non-standard for vcd), did you use the standard templates for tmpge? if you use the standard templates like nero told you with pal=25fps(352x288),ntsc=29.97fps(352x240) and ntsc film=23.976fps(352x240), nero wont have a problem with it and you should get a flawless burn and a great quality movie to watch and no nero wont have to re-encode a single damn thing, it will just author and burn

using the wizard with tmpge might sound a little lame i know, but it will make sure your file is standard compliant(will take care of video and audio so they are standard), loading things manually can be a cunt sometimes, especially if you miss even 1 vital step(it can fusk up the whole conversion), wizard takes care of all that

seeing it plays fine in mplayer, its probably that your standalone dvd player cannot recognise properly this non-standard vcd format ur throwing at it

so i'd say re-encode with tmpge using the standard templates they recommend to use(universal standard basically) and if all goes to plan, which it bloody well should ;), well i guess its time to party hey..lol
    cheers m8

15. evil

evil Member

Thanks for all your help mate. It playing fine at the moment so thats all cool. Now i know how to do it i can start making some quality VCDs. Thanks!

16. Mick69

Mick69 Guest

its all cool man not a problem, glad i could help

cheers m8