1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Xvid video strem freeze

Discussion in 'DivX / XviD' started by Epiyon, Jul 10, 2003.

1. Epiyon

Epiyon Member

I recently dled a film, but at specific points the video stream seems to freeze while the audio keeps playing. The video must be reopened to fix the fault and the bad section skipped. Does ne1 know what the problem is? And if so, is there neway to fix this
    Thanx

2. Praetor

Praetor Moderator Staff Member

Try DivFix. Another method, if the erroneous section is small is to open it up in VDub and clip out the offending section

3. Dela

Dela Administrator Staff Member

You can try Div Fix, which can come from - http://www.divx-digest.com/software/divfix.html

or sometimes better avifixed - http://www.divx-digest.com/software/avifix.html

No matter which one you use, MAKE A BACKUP COPY OF THE FILE BEFORE YOU TRY ANY. If it does remove the bad frame, chances are the file wont play back correctly and coloured blocks will break out but this is no serious problem at all, it should still work with your encoder!

Or you can remove with VirtualDUB by making a selection (selection buttons are last two on the button bar of VirtualDUB looking something like [ and ]) of the bad frames and then click edit - delete selection, then click video - direct stream copy, click audio - direct stream copy and and click file - save as avi. Chack the avi you saved to check if the sound stays in sync, or of course you can just play it in VirtualDUB before you save it!

4. Praetor

Praetor Moderator Staff Member

I wonder... is it possible just to "brute force reencode the movie" again? I.e., even tho there is an error present, would the reencode correct the corrupt frames? (i.e., it may look like shit when you watch it but at least it wont crash?)

5. Dela

Dela Administrator Staff Member

I think that depends on the encoder, CCE SP went throuigh a few bad area on avi's for me before!

6. IMRANmel

IMRANmel Regular member

yeh i had a funny thing happen to me wen i reencoded the fine parts became messed and the messed parts got more messed
    hahaha lol
    dont recommend it unless u really spend mad time on it
    then u may stand a chance
    thats a MAYBE!!