1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

XVID video -

Discussion in 'Video - Software discussion' started by bananaman, Mar 11, 2004.

1. bananaman

bananaman Member

i tried to encode a Xvid file to VCD.... but when i started to used Virtual Dub P4 to extract its audio it gives me this message...

"VirtualDub has detected an improper VBR Audio encoding in the source AVI file and will rewrite the audio header with standard CBR values during processing for better compatibility. This may introduce upto 8587 ms of skew from the video stream. If this is unacceptable, decompress the *entire* audio stream to uncompressed WAV file and recompress with a constant bitrate encoder. (bitrate: 122.1 +/- 21.6 kbps.)"

I decompressed the Audio wav file but the question is how to recompress it with a constant bitrate as what it said.......is it refferring also the VirtualDub program or something else...if it is, what kind of constant bitrate encoder i have to used.

And if i let it like that as it it be and i stasted to convert it to VCD by TMPGenc... the result is the audio is not synchronized to video... audio is ahead to video.... please help..... im taking a lot of time on it and the result is always the same... not synchronized

The answer is:

Using VirtualDubMOD to Convert "VBR" .MP3 to Uncompressed .WAV

1) Load the .AVI file into VirtualDubMOD (a different program than the standard VirtualDub)

2) From the "Video" dropdown menu, select "Direct Stream Copy"

3) From the "Streams" dropdown menu, select "Stream List" - and rightclick on the audio stream, then select "Full Processing Mode" - then click on "OK"

4) Save with a new filename

This was a great find and wanted to share it.

2. Minion

Minion Senior member

This is Pretty common knowlege and you can use any Version of virtual-dub to do this you just have to make sure that the audio is set to Full Proscessing Mode, But I find it more reliable to use a tool called Decompress.exe..But thanx for posting it unless someone else doesn"t know...Cheers