1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Xvid-Vite

Discussion in 'DivX / XviD' started by Hottie, Jun 21, 2003.

1. Hottie

Hottie Guest

Hi.
    I have this movie:-
    treasure.planet.dvdrip.xvid-vite, but I cannot get it to run in any player. BSPlayer, WMP, Divx player 2.1, all say it is an unrecognised format. I have downloaded the sld codec pack but that didnt work wither. Does anyone know what I need to do to fix this? I think vite is the name of the group that ripped the movie, but I could be wrong

2. Dela

Dela Administrator Staff Member

get gspot from the software section of this site, and check do you have all the appropriate codecs!!

3. Hottie

Hottie Guest

Thnx Dela, but I tried that without result., However, I removed all the codecs I had installed, and reinstalled them one at a time, and now the moves works fine. Thnx for replying..maybe you can offer some help on another problem I have mentioned in a new thread. Doh I hate being a newbie at anything! lol

4. Dela

its no problem, i might see the thread when im lookin round, ever need help, PM me!

5. Jice

Jice Guest

hi, had the same problem for this format, I can only get it to play in WinDVD, not sure why? You could try that program, it usually plays well what DivX won't.

6. Dela

hey man, like i already said on irc i reckon its a simple codec conflict!! you should check what u got installed!

7. IMRANmel

IMRANmel Regular member

yeh like the first problem he tried playing an xvid encoded film on a DivX player its bound to display an unrecognisable format

even tho i hate WM9 and get other players from the web to use but if u have to result to using WM9 it will play as long as u have the appropriate codecs installed
    and remember dont install uneccessary codecs if u dont uninstall them they can cause conflicts

8. Dela

Damn Codecs, if only things were easier done!!