1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

xvid - well known green scrambled picture

Discussion in 'DivX / XviD' started by UmmonTL, May 29, 2003.

1. Dela

Dela Administrator Staff Member

damn i have a problem, my audio transcoding from wave audio (after madplay converts from mp3) is going EXTREMEMLY slow!! :(

2. powerdup

powerdup Regular member

LOL talk about off topic.

Im not sure how to help with your problem...

3. Dela

Dela Administrator Staff Member

ye that was off topic but ah well! lol, its was just a quick throw in questionj instead of a whole new thread!

4. Kingd

Kingd Guest

Okay, my 2 cents, decoding xvid is a system resource intensive deal. Therefore, what kind of systems are you guys running? Also the operating system is important because the latest ffdshow builds run on xp, not on 98. For 98, you need an older build. Its often little things like these that people forget about, your system details are always important when trying to solve a problem. The other obvious question is are you sure your getting good videos? If your using kazaa and whatnot, ive heard lots of stories of bogus files put out there to try to confuse the masses. Also with ffdshow, in the configuration, you can switch between idct values because there was some inconsistency between recent builds that caused qpel smearing and generally awful playback if the correct idct switch wasnt chosen. Since i dont have ffdshow installed at the moment, i cant tell you offhand but look in the ffdshow config and search for idct and try different ones to see if that helps. One word of advice people is to read, do searches, etc. Dont just install stuff blindly, read the install notes, the changelogs, etc. Figure out exactly what builds your applying, and search here or at doom9.org for bug reports, and general problems so you can avoid having to uninstall and reinstall, etc. I know because believe me, i didnt know squat (and i still know very little) but the more you read, the more you understand whats actually going on. Anyways, sorry for the lecture, just better to be proactive then to wait for others to solve your problems i think.

5. IMRANmel

IMRANmel Regular member

well put kingd
    need i say more