1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Xvid with xbmc

Discussion in 'Xbox - General discussion' started by SG_GHOST, Mar 15, 2005.

1. SG_GHOST

SG_GHOST Member

I downloaded some videos and they are Xvid’s and I burnt them to DVD+R and when I tried to play them on my xbox with xbmc it said please insert disc. I have burnt some Divx videos to DVD+R and they worked fine, so im wondering if there is any way I could play them with media center. Would burning them to DVD-R work or is there something else I could do?
    Thanx in advance

2. fixmyxbox

fixmyxbox Member

Try FTPing them to your video folder on the F: drive. If the video still wont run then you need to download a newer verion of XBOX Media Center. For those who dont know heres a link http://www.xboxmediacenter.de Another MUST have for any XBOX

3. punqewe

punqewe Active member

for the most part it will work if you burn the xvids as data onto the dvd.....there have been time where my box will get 'confused' as to what file to play. The best and most sure-fire way is to ftp the files to your hard drive if you have the space.

4. SG_GHOST

SG_GHOST Member

Iv tried ftp and it fails about half way through

5. SG_GHOST

SG_GHOST Member

Also my F drive is showing 0 for free space an there is nothing on there is this normal?
    I also tried burning those vids to a DVD-R and it works sometimes and other times it doesnt think there is a disc in there
    oh and i have the latest XBMC version