1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Xxcuter2.6 w/ flashbios 3.0.3 on box v1.6

Discussion in 'Xbox - Hardware boot discussion' started by poledung, May 8, 2005.

1. poledung

poledung Member

Attempting to flash a bios using flashbios 3.0.3 on a xbox v 1.6 ...
    according to teamxecuter.com I must have 3.0.1?

I have attempted to flash the bios through the network connection with file 'flashbios_v301.bin' which is 256k. When I place in either Bank 1 or 2 it still boots to the FlashBIOS3.0.3.

My question is do I have to have 3.0.1 to run any of the X2 or X3 bios on my board? I am assuming once I have 3.0.1 I should be able to flash one of the other X2/X3 bios to the device.

When I previously attempted to flash my device with FlashBIOS3.0.3 using X2_4983 I get a good flash but then it reboots and the screen is just black. Yes, I have verified that my XBOX is 1.6 and not the 'b' version.

Any help would be great and if there is another BIOS file that I should use could you send it to me.

Thanks.

2. PimpDawg

PimpDawg Guest

Yeah, many people using early version 1.6 Xbox's do have problems when using flashmode 3.0.3 for some reason??? Here is how I did this with my Xecutor 3 chip....

To get flashbios 3.0.1...boot xbox, choose enable network flashing, it'll give u an IP, in ur PC browser type http://XboxIP, hit enter...then browse for the bios u want to flash, choose it, click upload and flash...reboot ur xbox and u will now have flashbios 3.0.1 on there....Find the hacked X3 bios u need, do the same thing to flash it, reboot, hello you're in config live bios!

3. mdsup

mdsup Guest

first of all the x2_4983 bios is not compatible with 1.6 xbox's...you will need the m8plus_16 or you can try the new x2_5028...if you use the new x2 make sure you use the 1.6 version of it.

the x2.6 is a little tricky to flash...you must flash a 512k size bios to bank 2...get a hold of biosmanager, located at xecuter's site...next you need the m8 bios and flashbios 3.0.1

on your pc open up biosmanager...put flashbios on banks 1 and 2 and put m8 on banks 3 and 4....save as bios
    burn your new bios along with a dummy file to disk...and flash your chip from the disc.

you have created a new 1mb bios that will flash properly...once the flash is complete, set your chip to bank 2 and boot the xbox, the xbox should now load the m8 bios...then all you have to do is load your dashboard, or simply use a autoinstaller.

any questions just ask, if you screw up the flash, you will have to buy a programmer to fix your chip.

x3 bios is for x3 chips ONLY....not sure how to flash the 2.6 chip with the new x2 bios...haven't tried it yet...if it is 512k in size you should be able to just flash it to bank 2 and be set...but if you use the m8 just as i said i promise it will work just fine.

Last edited by a moderator: May 8, 2005
  4. poledung

poledung Member

>if you screw up the flash, you will have to buy a programmer to fix your chip.

Too late. The programer will be here at weeks end. Seems that I did everything what I thought was right, turned out exactly wrong. (I put flashbios in 3+4 and x2_4983 in 1+2). I now know better, and will be awaiting for the programmer to try it all over again!

Thanks guys, I'm sure I'll be posting again.

5. mdsup

mdsup Guest

you should still be ok...switch to bank 2 and boot your xbox, you should get flashbios.

6. Achilles3

Achilles3 Guest

I'm assuming you're using an X3 chip yes? Then you need the X3 BIOS with it, you can't flash the X3 with an X2 BIOS. Look for the BIOS 3108 and flash that. You have v1.6 so use the BIOS X3 3108 v16plus.bin

7. mdsup

mdsup Guest

@ Achilles

read the title of the thread...he has a x2.6 chip.

8. Achilles3

Achilles3 Guest

My bad, X2 I see.

9. PimpDawg

PimpDawg Guest

lol, Achilles, you were just so excited to help out that you forgot to look at the title, hahaha.

Well, looks like poledung has gotten everything figured out!

10. sesko

sesko Regular member

i need to open this thread up again! i have a xecuter 2.6 ce solderless, how do i flash, how do i make it? do i make it a bootable cd? anyone?

11. jimmy42

jimmy42 Regular member

12. sesko

sesko Regular member

jimmy, i have tried everything under the sun! i just dont know now!

13. jimmy42

jimmy42 Regular member

Seriously man, if youve read the tutorials you would have answers to all the questions you have asked.

People cannot hold your hand through this entire process, modding is a hobby and part of any hobby is research.

If your still stumped just buy a programmer and flash your chip through that...

14. sesko

sesko Regular member

sorry for bothering you jimmy, oh ya, dont remember asking you anything! just asking in the thread!

15. jimmy42

jimmy42 Regular member

asking the thread or not, if you had taken the time to read the many many tutorials on line you would know how to proceed. There is more information on how to program your chip and re-flash it available online then you can shake a stick at.

You claim to have tried everything, well you clearly havent tried a programmer.... Therefore you have not tried everything under sun...

And if you want me or others to provide you with help, the very least you could do was post exactly what you've done so far and what your problem really seems to be.