1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

xxx6344.exe & ~tmpd.exe = Spyware!

Discussion in 'Windows - Virus and spyware problems' started by Jacobh06, Nov 4, 2008.

1. Jacobh06

Jacobh06 Member

Both of these seem to be spyware linked with each other hidden in ""Hard Disk":\Documents and Settings\"Name Of Pc\Local Settings\Temp". In order to get rid of them, all you really need to do is end the proccesses in Task Manager and then delete the files.

For more information, please see the following which only discusses ~tmpd.exe and not xxx6344.exe which is directly related:

http://www.techspot.com/vb/topic114602.html

~I added this post when I noticed that a clients machine was running the xxx6344.exe process. I searched online to see what I could find and NOTHING came up. So hopefully this will help anyone else.

Last edited: Nov 4, 2008
  2. cdavfrew

cdavfrew Regular member

Hey Jacob

Yes, some malware can be deleted simply by ending the process and deleting it from the hard disk. However, it is to be noted that infections come in bunches! These infected files are most probably accompanied with other malware which might recreate these files, making them hard to delete.

It is always good to run a scanner after an infection to see how much malware is in the computer.

Best regards :D