1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Ya so i know i can fix it but how

Discussion in 'Xbox - Hardware boot discussion' started by ecksam, Dec 5, 2004.

1. ecksam

ecksam Member

ok so i was softmodding my xbox using mechassault and well i was installing linux and on my TV it showed weird lines moving and then the line stoped now i thought this was just it loading so i left it there for 10min. or so and then turned the xbox off thinking it was done downloaing and then turned my xbox back on to an error so then i did all of it again. got mad becuase it wouldnt work and then deleated the linux program. before i deleated it tho all my games were working on the xbox and now none are all it dose now is say error 16. i need to know if i should just get a new hd with xbox's OS program o it with no problems and then get a modchip or do something else... i need help and faster is better then slower thenks

2. punqewe

punqewe Active member

If your xbox boots to the bios (executer2 or evox)....and then fails after the 'X' logo...then you can still get another hard drive for sure.

3. ecksam

ecksam Member

what it will do now is do the intro and then the "x" shows up and then i get the error 16

4. ecksam

ecksam Member

what iam asking mainly is... how do u fix the xbox so it can go back to normal is there a easy way or do i have to do some crazy swap trick to do it?? Thanks