1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Ya think this a good deal

Discussion in 'PC hardware help' started by ozzy214, Dec 18, 2005.

1. ozzy214

ozzy214 Regular member

http://www.geeks.com/details.asp?invtid=E-3000-K5&cat=MBB

Im curious. Good price. What bout quality?

Its just gonna be used for a mild game and mostly office and internet work. Also would a 300 watt antec smart power be enough to power this up with a 120 gig drive and few fans?

:>

2. SypherTek

SypherTek Guest

its a bargain if i convert the dollars to pounds

not sure how good biostar motherboards are though or how good the memory would be as doesnt mention a brand so id imagine it would only be generic

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 18, 2005
  3. ozzy214

ozzy214 Regular member

Yeah thats what I was wondering too bout the memory, other than that think I will jump on it. Thanks!:>

4. Ragnarok2

Ragnarok2 Guest

That CPU alone is worth that much. Biostar motherboards are decent but don't expect too much. For basic use, memory is memory and it doesnt matter what brand it is as long as you know how much and how fast. If you want to overclock and that kinda stuff, then yeah it does matter.

5. hogan

hogan Regular member

I went to newegg.com to price compare and that is a pretty good price. I would go for it.

6. boxwrench

boxwrench Guest

Be carefull when ordering these bundles from that supplier,I bought a very similar package from them that was supposed to have a an Athlon xp-m 2600+ proscessor.What I got was an old Duron 800 mounted to the board instead.When I tried to get a rma the person in charge convienently was away from her desk(for a week) and never did return my calls. I wrote it up as a lesson learned,kept the motherboard and picked up a xp-3000+ instead.B.T.W. the Biostar boards are not all that if you just want the basics at a reasonable price! If you do order a bundle be forewarned you cannot remove the heatsink/fan assembly to examine the cpu,you will void the warranty. The only way to find out what you got is by powering it up after assembly.Good luck on any purchase you decide to make.

7. ozzy214

ozzy214 Regular member

Thanks box. Now I know and guess I wont order from them. I got my computer built and happy with it. But what Im trying to do is build a second for my parents as a internet and office machine...nothing more. But since ya said geeks r us are shady think i will stick with newegg or ebay.:> Thanks to all!

8. boxwrench

boxwrench Guest

The Geeks did not make a very good impression on me,it was my first and last transaction with them.On the other hand I have been dealing with Newegg.com now since one of the guys here pointed them out to me a while back,and they have not let me down! Good luck to you again,B.W.

9. hogan

hogan Regular member

Look at newegg.com. I have spent thousands with them and never had a problem. Even with rma issues. I have actually recieved a drive I rma to them before I sent back the bad drive.

10. ozzy214

ozzy214 Regular member

Yeah newegg is cool. I order from them all the time...just was surfing for a little cheaper is all. I love newegg though. I just ordered a dvi cable from them and I screwed up an ordered the wrong one. I opened it and called them. They said they cant rma it since I opened it, but then turned round and gave me a refund and told me to keep the cable! Yeah cant beat that! I guess it was my xmas present from ordering 600.00 or more worth of shit!:>

11. Ragnarok2

Ragnarok2 Guest

Yeah Newegg is indeed great, but sometimes you gotta look around even more. Like ChiefValue.com. A total NewEgg ripoff, but i got my X800PRO for $160 instead of Newegg's $220.(Both were refurbished) Good deal since that card costs $350 at best buy.