1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Yahoo Account keeps getting hijacked! Pls Help TQ

Discussion in 'Windows - Virus and spyware problems' started by b0b79, Jul 2, 2006.

1. b0b79

b0b79 Member

Yahoo Account keeps getting hijacked! Pls Help TQ

jason c.

2. b0b79

b0b79 Member

the following is a description of the problem that am encountering.

my yahoo messenger kept showing a message, saying that i was disconnected
    as have been signed on another computer.

initially was able to regain access to account by using yahoo password retrieval facility, however now am not able to access it, as it seems personal details have been changed and not able to reset password anymore.

have requested yahoo to reset password already, am awaiting reply from them. however would like to ensure that this does not occur again, as it is an inconvenience. am unsure what to look out for, had posted hijackthis logs, ewido and spybot logs previously in the forum and had gotten a clean bill of health. is there a possibility of there being a key logger or trojan or even a root kit installed without my knowledge of?

have ran F-Secure's Blacklight Beta, but it did not report any problems.
    have also ran Sysinternals RootKit Revealer Version 1.7, the log file looks to be in order, but would appreciate a second opinion.

was previously affected by SpywareQuake, which was removed using Smitfraud and Ewido.

have my doubts of it being a keylogger though, as none of other accounts and passwords have been compromised as of yet. only yahoo account has been affected so far.

would appreciate any help or guidance anyone can provide as to how i can get to the bottom of this problem.

thank you very much for your time and assistance in advance,

jason c.