1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Yahoo messenger malware?

Discussion in 'Windows - Virus and spyware problems' started by keebles, Jan 21, 2009.

1. keebles

keebles Regular member

My friend somehow got a some virus/malware and it went into his yahoo messenger app and keeps posting this every 2-3 minutes:
    http://inforcvvshop.com/getcc.exe Welcome u to our service, we are seller infor of UK, EU and US person ! Now, We have Mail list, mailer, Credit card wit cvv, DOB and chose BIN, voice yahoo, yapon.net and skype account are available to ORDER ! Get paid telephone bills, airfare ... the payment of goods in e-commerce and via credit cardany time if u need, pls contact with us !email to wilizlee@yahoo.com or via Yahoo ID : ( wilizlee ). We always online everytime ! We are accept payment via LR for your order !

and the app name is: checc.exe
    how can he remove it?

2. Darkmat

Darkmat Member

Just want to make sure i got this right is it Check.exe or Checc.exe because when i do a google search i get nothing for Checc.exe and says did you mean Check.exe

3. keebles

keebles Regular member

I got rid of it for him by going into safe mode and running avg and then doing windows update. just don't except any invites from people you don't know(that's what happened to him)

Last edited: Jan 22, 2009