1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

yahoo messenger trouble

Discussion in 'All other topics' started by {TKO}, Jul 20, 2006.

1. {TKO}

{TKO} Regular member

when i am in yahoo messenger, it will crash if i try to use the emoticons. or if i try to right click on the icon in the task bar on the bottom right by the clock, it'll crash too. any idea why? i read that it may be the flash player being out of whack. but i DL'ed and installed the current version and it still screws up. i even DL'ed older versions of YIM and they all do the same thing. thanx in advance for the help.

2. WierdName

WierdName Regular member

i had problems with the newer beta(which is why i switched back) but i never had that problem with any of them. i suggest uninstalling messenger then going to sbc/at&t(whichever)/yahoo and go to the bottom of the page and click "Download Software" link. if you cant find it or dont have that home page then heres a link(dont know if it will work): http://sbc.software.yahoo.com/ysftc/p/sbc/v2/welcome and download and reinstall messenger. hope it works, if not, dont know what else you could do other than calling india and trying to communicate your problem.

-edit P.S. if you need more help my YIM ID is smelly_dog_fart

Last edited: Jul 20, 2006
  3. {TKO}

{TKO} Regular member

yeah brotha. i did try that. with the current version and the older ones. it sill does it. i am starting to think it is something with my lappy. the question is, "WHAT"?

4. WierdName

WierdName Regular member

when you unistalled, did you uninstall the base componants too? I had some problems with mine and that took care of it. Appearently, something jacked up the base componants to you'll have to reinstall them too.

5. {TKO}

{TKO} Regular member

base components?

6. WierdName

WierdName Regular member

go to the control panel, then click add/remove programs, then the sbc yahoo applications, then uninstall and reinstall everything.

7. {TKO}

{TKO} Regular member

ok, update: i uninsalled all the components i could find for yahoo, restarted my lappy, reinstalled yahoo messenger, and it still does the same thing.

8. WierdName

WierdName Regular member

you could always reinstall your OS. but i doubt you want to have to do that so, you could call india and talk to ali baba and try to get a answer. sorry, but thats all i can think of.

9. {TKO}

{TKO} Regular member

man, i hate calling over there. thanx thou.

10. BluRay

BluRay Regular member

ummm. let me try and help.

when you uninstalled it did you get rid of its file in program folders?
    if not then uninstall FIRST then get rid of its file in program folders and reinstall.

If that does not work then try and getting the setup file and run it then rather installing it click on REPAIR and run that it should help.

11. WierdName

WierdName Regular member

that could work but now that ive thought of it more, it probably has something to do with the files messenger is dependent on embedded in the OS. you may need to reinstall the OS or find out what messenger uses and try to repair them.