1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

YAMADA 6600 vs XCICO AEP400

Discussion in 'DVD players' started by silmarils, Jun 5, 2004.

1. silmarils

silmarils Member

Hi there! I'm about to buy a new divx player to replace my late Yamada 6100 which failed me during a firmware update. I was overall satisfied by it so i'm considering the new Yamada 6600. But i stumbled on Xcico AEP 400 which seems to be a good deal.
    It has progressive scan and DVI output.
    Full info on
    http://www.easyetrader.com/?WVdOMGF...ZV04wYVc5dVBXMXZjbVZmYVc1bWIxOXpkV0p0YVhRPQ==

Has anyone had this dvd player? Do you know what chip it uses? Thank you

2. JamesM

JamesM Guest

I dont have a Xcico. I use a DVX6600 which I am happy with.

The Xcico AEP 400 doesn't support Xvid-encoded movies according to that webpage so I would not buy it until you can confirm that it does indeed support it.

3. silmarils

silmarils Member

One of the major problems i had with Yamada 6100 (and reading current reviews this hasn't changed in 6600) was the audio quality when playing a cd. I always had the impression that something was missing. The spark wasn't there.
    Of course, DivX reproduction was almost perfect and the player did play anything i happened to throw at it in a 6 months period.
    But now i want to find something better in the CD audio area. Perhaps, i should just make do with the KiSS DP1000