1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Yamada 6700 xvid problem

Discussion in 'DVD players' started by dvdscope, Jan 7, 2006.

1. dvdscope

dvdscope Guest

I was given a 6700 for xmas, the DVD fuctions are great but whenever i play any Xvid/Avi files i cannot Fast Forward or rewind as each time i stop they will not play, all i hear is audio but the picture has stuck/

Anyone have any thoughts.

2. pistol72

pistol72 Guest

You have to get the latest firmware,there is a Bug with the Yamada 6700 that like you say wont foward or rewind(with avi/xvid),you can get the Firmware from here http://mtz.softpedia.com/index.php just burn the Firmware as an iso pop in your machine and hey presto problem solved no bug.

3. dvdscope

dvdscope Guest

i did this and it worked fine. but now it wont play all region DVDs.

4. gear79

gear79 Guest

5. dvdscope

dvdscope Guest

My Player is broke!!

I put the upgrade in again and it displayed the screen, told me it was upgrading and then the screen went black and it ejected the disc, the display said LOADING and it did nothing for 2 hours.
    now when i turn it on it just stays in standby. cant open disc or nothing???????

6. gear79

gear79 Guest

try a reset..

eject disk, unplug the power and let sit for 24 hours after an upgrade... it worked on my last player that had a firmware update..

7. dvdscope

dvdscope Guest

Ok mate, i'll try that. What i dont understand though is the fact that it was a multi-region player before the upgrade!!

get back to you tommorrow, thanks for your help

8. dvdscope

dvdscope Guest

No luck, still stuck in stanby mode. Any suggestions

9. gear79

gear79 Guest

warranty?? can you return it? sounds like a dead drive then.

10. dvdscope

dvdscope Guest

Yeah,

i will send it tommorrow. Thanks for the help all.

11. gear79

gear79 Guest

good luck....