1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Yamada DVX 6600 mechanical noise

Discussion in 'DVD players' started by JamesM, May 7, 2004.

1. JamesM

JamesM Guest

I ordered mine from Special Reserve (www.reserve.co.uk) and it works a treat but I have two small problems with it:

1) It is a little noisy when spinning the CDRs. I mean that when I put any CDR in the drive it spins it up to load it and play it and the spinning makes continuous noise as if it needs some WD40 sprayed on the CD holder/spinner or something. Anyone else get some mechanical noise like this? Or is everyone's player completely silent?

Is there anything I can or should do to remedy it? Its not loud or anything, just noticable even from my sofa but hardly noticable if I have the volume up during the movies.

2) Sometimes when leaving a CDR in the drive for long amounts of time, say over 5 minutes, the CDR stops spinning (which is fine). Then when I come back and press the Enter button twice to come out of the screensaver then play the movie on the CDR, the movie doesnt play.

It tries to play it and the CDR starts spinning but doesnt change screen, nor does the play timer appear. I fix this by ejecting the CDR and then reinserting it, maybe twice, maybe also power cycling the player.

Anyone else get this problem? Maybe its my CDRs (Memorex 80min)

Cheers

2. slider68

slider68 Guest

I have exactly the same noise problem when playing back CDRs. Fine playing DVDRs. Apart from this top machine. Glad you posted this thought maybe mine was faulty.