1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Yamada dvx 6600

Discussion in 'DVD players' started by Daljinec, Mar 11, 2004.

1. markus21

markus21 Member

has anyone tryed the yamada chilli dvd player as i have heard that it plays alot of xvid stuff that did not play on the yamada 6600

2. conneally

conneally Member

going back to an earlier thread which discusses the cleaning of the ribbon cable. I have cleaned the cable but still have the disk error problem. What do you clean the cable ends with and is this the only problem that could cause the "Disk Error".
    I still have the 6600 but I have bought an LG machine and so far no problems. It does not play divx but I was unable to get around to finding divx movies and still do not hear of their popularity to any great degree. Is there some sort of secret society or is it just a kind of cult following.
    All replys welcome.
    JC

3. skyde

skyde Member

Well friend I believe most folks watch divX movies that they have downloaded from the net via bittorrent/edonkey/kazaa or somesuch. In case you buy your movies on DVD, you really don't need a divX player.
    I am sure you might find some .avi (divX) movies to play with your divX player if you surf about.

Best regards,
    S

4. gerardK

gerardK Member

I replaced my Yamada 6600 with the Chilli 205USB, biggest mistake in my life.

Many of the divx files which played on the 6600 will not play on the 205.

And it's no the files, i tried them on a few other players and they play ok on the computer.

5. L1VE2R0CK

L1VE2R0CK Member

I don't know if this will help anyone, but if like me, you're happy with all the firmware upgrades and your DVX6600 is finally working a treat, but then you're suddenly afflicted by the "no disc" error, indicating that the drive mechanism is defunked and no amount of ribbon cable cleaning will fix it.

or

You just want to prolong the life of your 6600.

I discovered that the drive mechanism in the Technika DVD-105 which is still available at Tescos for about twenty quid as they're trying to get rid of old stock now, is a straight swap for the 6600.

I've replaced the one in my 6600 and now it works perfectly once more.

buy one of the technikas to keep for spares ...it's gotta be worth it.

Last edited: Sep 9, 2006
  6. conneally

conneally Member

It was amazing that I should get this message this morning, as yesterday I pulled out my old 6600 and gave the ribbon one last clean before chucking it out. I am in Ireland but will see if I can get the drive mechanism from a Tesco machine as described. It just seems a shame to throw away the 6600, I will let youo know how I gat on.

JC