1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Yamaha dvd

Discussion in 'DVD players' started by crazymf77, Oct 4, 2004.

1. crazymf77

crazymf77 Guest

Thinking of buying a yamaha dvd player. Anyone know how reliable they are? I have gone through a couple sony players(broke after couple months).Need something solid.

2. jonjakjam

jonjakjam Regular member

3. tomegun

tomegun Member

Hi Crazymf77, It would be hard to beat the performance of the Yamaha DVDS-550. The picture quality is superb. Most of my double cd Divx or Xvid movies with AC3 look and sound as good as my dvds do. This plays or attempts to play every disk that I have including a stack that would not play at all in my Liteon lvd 2002 or my Philips dvp 640 (Both have latest firmware). Only a couple of the Xvid movies I have had freezing video with the Yamaha.I also have dvd-r and +r disks (various brands)with multiple movies and they all play perfectly. Fast forward/reverse is great with up to 32x speed. Another nice thing about the Yamaha is that it comes in silver, black or titanium to match existing components. The only thing that I don't like about the 550 is, there is no zoom funtion with Divx or Xvid. I am hopeful that a firmware upgrade can fix this minor bug. I am extremely happy with this player__Get One !!