1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Yamaha HTR-5860 setup help

Discussion in 'Receivers and amplifiers' started by dogzz259, Jun 22, 2009.

1. dogzz259

dogzz259 Member

I have 2 klipsch Quartets (Front Floor speakers) - Channel A
    4 Bose 301 for surrounds (Wall speakers) - Channel B
    1 Klipsch 12in Sub
    1 Center channel too.

I want to add 2 Bose Outdoor speakers to the same receiver. I did just buy, off of E-bay a 6 speaker Adcom speaker selector (that is suppose to be 200 watt protection.

What is the best and the easiest way to setup the outdoor speakers on the Yamaha HTR-5860 receiver.

2. JVC

JVC Active member

If you want the surrounds, to act as surrounds, during movies, they need to be hooked up to the A channel connections too. Surround connections should be labeled on back of receiver. Hook up the outdoor speakers to the B channel connections.

Best thing you can do to get really good sound, is get rid of the Bloze speakers, and get some good ones. Maybe some more Klipsch, to match the ones you have.........

3. AudioENG

AudioENG Member

I guess it depends on how you want your configuration to work.

If you want full surround sound from a true surround source in one room and outdoor speakers for music then I would suggest this:

Klipsch floor speakers: Channel A Front
    Center speaker: Center channel output
    Klipsch Sub: Sub Pre-out RCA

Bose 301 surround speakers: Hook the Adcom speaker selector to the surround output channel on the back of the yamaha. This will allow you to hook up all 4 bose speakers from a true surround output channel. NOTE: When you hook up to channel B Front it will only play the front channel sound not the true surround channel.

Bose outdoor speakers: Use Channel B Front. Then you can select these speakers only when you want to hear them outside. However this will limit your outdoor speakers to only 2 and you would not be able to add any more down the road.

If you were thinking of a different configuration let me know.

4. dogzz259

dogzz259 Member

Thanks for all the great help here!