1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

yamaha rxv 2500 hookup

Discussion in 'Receivers and amplifiers' started by cdan, Sep 9, 2005.

1. cdan

cdan Regular member

just got this reciever and the polk RM20 speakers. Should the surround speakers be plugged into the 2 R/L surround jacks, or the rear R/L jacks. Which is going to provide the best audio from dvds?
    thanx...cdan

2. gear79

gear79 Guest

its a 7.1 receiver............. use the side ones first, then get you the surrounds later.... just remember, set it up for a 5.1 system so it knows that, and not a 7.1. also, make sure your speakers can handle the power.
    where did you buy that receiever and how much, if you dont mind me asking? i was looking at that one, but i am leaning toward the onkyo txsr702 instead.

3. cdan

cdan Regular member

got it from American-deals.com. $662 shipped. I used the room optimizer function, which works great. Checks wiring, distance, speaker size, and which speakers are connected, then sets them for the room. I found out you cannot use the rear speaker jacks unless you have speakers connected to the surround sound jacks as well. Nice system...lots of power and features.
    cdan

4. gear79

gear79 Guest

yup, the auto speaker set up is nice, this onkyo i want has the same thing too.
    this place you bought it from, was it the first time? were you saytisfied with them? it was not a refurbished product was it?

5. cdan

cdan Regular member

I asked the same question......brand new. yeah, good deal, i'd buy from them again. They give you a little pressure to buy extended warranty, but other than that is was fine. Took about 10days after i bought it for it to arrive.

6. gear79

gear79 Guest