1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

yes its time for : name that virus!!!!!!!!

Discussion in 'Safety valve' started by andmerr, Feb 11, 2005.

1. andmerr

andmerr Guest

you guys thought this was going to be a funny topic well its not for me.Running nortons and zone alarm but i think i have a virus that is attacking the boot sectors of one of my drives.2 MONTHS RUNNING i have turned my pc off only to find that when i switch it back on i get this message saying "c drive is ready for format". The only problem is i cant access anything on the drive, my virus software doesnt detect a virus, i have to reformat to proceed.The last time this happened i lost 100 gig of info, this time only 56 gig.

What do you guys suggest.
    Is there an alternative ?

Any help appreciated

Andmerr

2. ddp

ddp Moderator Staff Member

do you have or can borrow a drive to load windows on to do an online scan on yourmain c: drive to see if get rid of virus

3. andmerr

andmerr Guest

thats a possibility as c: drive is a separate drive.
    2 DRIVES 1 x 80 gig
    1 x 160 gig

c drive when installed, put the wrong letter, made it d instead.So c drive has all the useless downloaded info etc.What software do you suggest for boot sector check if online scan fails

andmerr

4. ddp

check bios to see if pc trends is enabled, try your norton, avg7, panda, antivirus.com free housecall & avast

5. andmerr

andmerr Guest

THANKS MAN i now have something to do today rather than sleep , drink , the house work .

6. ddp

& be merry!!!!!