1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

yet, another spiderchip question.

Discussion in 'Xbox - Hardware mods' started by Eddiez, May 3, 2005.

1. Eddiez

Eddiez Guest

Hello eveyone, This is my first post and new to xbox modding, so please keep this in mind before flamming me. Here it goes, I recently purchased a used Xbox V 1.6 because one of my coworkers told me he could mod it for me since he owed me a favor. Well it turns out that he purchased a spiderchip and attempted to flash the chip with the same bios that he used for his older Xbox version. Now he gave it back to me and said he couldn't figure out how to fix it. I now have a FRAG light when the chip is on and an Error code 5 when it's off. Apparently he didn't know that he needed different bios for the chip and flashed the wrong ones. As far as I know, he told me he loaded Evox dashboard. For the past couple of days I've searched these forums and learned a couple of things, more importantly, that I need M8_16 bios. I found the bios but they are in a M8plus Bios.rar form. How dow I change this to .bin form,or how do I used this to apply it to my Xbox? I've also read somewhere that I can find some one with an older version Xbox and intall my chip on it and then flash the correct M8_16 bios to it. Is This true? Can some one please help?? I'm really frustated since my punk ass coworker no longer helps me and always comes up with an excuse to try to avoid helping me. Any help would be greatly appeciated. thank you

2. mdsup

mdsup Guest

you need to extract the .rar file...use winrar and extract the files and you will find the .bin files...your only options the get the correct bios on the chip would be to hotflash it, buy a programmer, or install it in a 1.0-1.5 xbox and reflash the chip with the m8 bios...actually there is a new x2 bios out that supports 1.6 xbox's...x2 bios is better than the m8.

3. Eddiez

Eddiez Guest

Thanks for the tip mdsup. I already downloaded winrar and I found the .bin. I think I'll try intalling the chip on an older version Xbox since I have a friend who's willing to help out. your help is greatly appreciated and I'll post my results as soon as do it. Now I just have to search forums on how to make a flash disk with my new .bin file.

4. Eddiez

Eddiez Guest

Well, I just opened up my buddy's xbox and it turns out he's got a V1.0 and he's got sodder all over the LPC ports. I really don't want to work with a sodder gun because I don't want to mess up his box. I also tried searching for a spiderchip programmer and was not successfull. What are my other options? I've read on some other posts that it can be done through my PC, but I have no idea how to do this. Can anyone PLEASE point me in the right direction on where I can find that kind of information? thank you!