1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Yet more BIN/CUE ?'s with Alcohol

Discussion in 'CD-R' started by tangledem, Feb 25, 2003.

1. tangledem

tangledem Guest

Ok I've downloaded a bin file and followed all the instructions to making a .CUE file in notepad to go along with the .BIN . No problems there. I've downloaded Alcohol 120 and it works also. My question is when I burn the image on Alcohol do I ONLY burn the CUE file? or do i have to fin a way to burn the BIN and CUE at the same time??

2. aldaco12

aldaco12 Active member

Trust the Guide. 'Burn Image' command is NOT like 'Burn CD-ROM' command.
    When load the .CUE it automatically loads and 'compiles' the .BIN for you.

Therefore you DO NOT burn either the .CUE or the .BIN. Actually, through Image Burning process you BURN THE DATA INFO included in the .BIN using the FORMATTING OPTIONS contained in the .CUE.

3. tangledem

tangledem Guest

thanks for the clarification, i will report back if any problems arise.

4. tangledem

tangledem Guest

i finished burning my first image, everything seemed to go right, but where do i go from here? i've inserted the CD and nothing happens...in windows explorer it has no programs under D: drive

5. aldaco12

aldaco12 Active member

Are there some files? Because if not... *congratulations*! You just burned you first coaster.

Stopping joking, If there are some files, please list them. There should be some autorun.inf, autorun.exe, setup.exe and simular stuff...

You can also try to explore the CD with Isobuster. If it shows a single 'Track1' without any file/folder structure you definitely burned a coaster.

Compare what you see ith the stuff you see if you open the IMAGE (the .CUE file) with Isobuster. You will see what SHOULD HAVE BEEN IN THE CD.

If you burned a coaster, more likely (as posted in the 'Quick Guide' thread, under 'Alcohol Coasters') the problem lies in the fact you selected RAW DAO and your burner messed up with subchannel data burning (that is, it was uncapable to do that).
    Choosing the same datatype (e.g. Safedisc v2) but selecting RAW SAO burning option should burn a working copy.

6. tangledem

tangledem Guest

alright. i did give it another try and it did works. thanks