1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

You guys rock,....I got a video issue

Discussion in 'Nintendo Gamecube - General discussion' started by XVXoom, Apr 3, 2006.

1. XVXoom

XVXoom Member

First off I want to thank all the peeps that contribute to the forum. I am a long time reader first time poster.

Second, I have a viper gc ex with cobra 1.6 installed, but some backups are having issues Star wars rogue III, and Spy Hunter are having probs the screen continues to roll. I have tried to manualy to switch the video setting ntsc, 50 and 60 hz on the config menu. None of the settings fixed the problem. Any other suggestions.

Thanks in advance

2. Venom5880

Venom5880 Regular member

Set the ViperGC Extreme to Auto on video mode and select 60 Hz on the game. That should do it.

The ViperGC Extreme's built in video mode option doesn't work, so even if you set it to NTSC, PAL games will still display under the 50 Hz standard. So basically, if the game doesn't give you a choice, you're stuck with whatever video standard it was released in.

However, some people have found it easier to just flash GCoS 1.5 to the ViperGC Extreme and play PAL games on an NTSC display just fine since it's video forcing actually works.

3. XVXoom

XVXoom Member

With the screen rolling the way it does is there a trick to set it to 60. Its rolling so fast i cant tell what options I have.

Zelda collection automatically adjusts its self to play which is nice

4. Venom5880

Venom5880 Regular member

Just flash GCoS to it and use that to play PAL games then.

5. XVXoom

XVXoom Member

Thanks that solved the problem. Any idea how long cobra has had this issue? I like the cobra interface better is it bad to flash back and forth?

6. Venom5880

Venom5880 Regular member

As far as I know, they didn't have a problem with forcing video modes until the ViperGC Extreme BIOS was released. It's been broken in the two latest revisions, but using the older BIOS (1.2 I think) then you have the chance of killing your chip completely.

I've read others post that reflashing the firmware too often can ruin it, so it probably wouldn't be a good idea to go back and forth between GCoS and Cobra.

Last edited: Apr 6, 2006