1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

You need permission to delete this file

Discussion in 'Windows - General discussion' started by hydro160, Mar 29, 2009.

1. hydro160

hydro160 Member

How do I delete a file when it says I need permission I'm the administrator and I only have one account I downloaded a registry hack where I would just rick click and push take ownership and I've downloaded unlocker but nothing is working does anyone have any suggestions.

2. kenio8185

kenio8185 Regular member

there probably is a simpler method but right now, this is all i can come up with and i'm not 100% sure if it will work.

Windows xp:
    Go to log in screen, hold ctrl & alt & press delete twice
    You will be shown a different log in screen, in the username, type administrator, then go to file and delete it.

Vista:
    Restart computer
    Constantly press F8 until you are given options on different ways to turn on comp
    Select Safe mode, it will do some stuff then it will show you the log in screen. Choose administrator.
    Delete file.

I assume you're using vista because i have the same problem sometimes, i hope what i said helps. Like i said, there probably is a far simpler way to do wat you want but nth comes to me right now. GL