1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Your experience with linux??

Discussion in 'Linux - General discussion' started by budro, May 27, 2011.

1. budro

budro Regular member

I've been using linux on and off now since 8.04.

It's incredible to see the changes that've taken place! Linux distros, specifically ubuntu, have come a long way towards becoming a Desktop OS.

I'm by no means a linux master, and frequently run into problems, but I'm happy to say that I'm pretty decent with it and it has changed my understanding of PC's as a whole.

What are your stories with linux?

Regards

Budro

PS: For some reason, I've only ever used debian based distros. Never bothered to play around in the world of fedora based. apt, .debs, and all that jazz just seem so convenient!

Last edited: May 27, 2011
  2. DarkEly

DarkEly Member

I have used Ubuntu with no problems except screen resolution issues, I have also used peppermint Linux, and a few others.

3. ZeeBang

ZeeBang Member

I've just recently moved over to #! Linux from windows and I have to say it's great. I've had experience with Linux before by trying live cds of Ubuntu and Damn Small Linux and they didn't really appeal to me at the time so I just stuck with windows. I noticed I really didn't play games anymore on my pc except the occasional Counter Strike game so I just got the #! live cd, installed it, and never looked back. If you want to try out a Debian distro you should definitely check out #!. It's basically a pre-configured Debian Squeeze install with everything you need to get started right away.