1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

your favorite sig

Discussion in 'Safety valve' started by Auslander, Jan 23, 2005.

1. Rotary

Rotary Senior member

Hi

please, i am going red here,

It all started for me in 2003 i think? i needed info on dvd stuff etc, and i found here Ad, it took me months of working out tons of threads and answers to rip/burn a dvd...

so i thought if i can cut through the masses, and get some straight talking, people will grab the info and take it in quicker...

i have had newbies on msn messenger for like 6/7 hours one to one and got there first disc done in that time... (they would of been there weeks reading)

and like i said it took me months but i did learn the behind the scenes (how it works) rather than this does that and that does this attitude, which puts you in good stead on conversions etc etc...

take care all...

LIVE TO RIP / RIP TO LIVE

2. Pop_Smith

Pop_Smith Regular member

lol, thats cool yet crazy, Scubabud has done something that i fear will be come a trend, that is using the Safety Valve or a thread like this one to boost there post count to get a higher 'rank' but, its all good as Scubabud probably has helped quite a few people in the process.

Keep it up everyone :)

Pop Smith

P.S. sorry Scubabud if you feel "singled out" or something. I love all the crazy sig mods you have come up with :)

3. ScubaBud

ScubaBud Regular member

No problem Pop_Smith. Thanks for the support on the animated gifs but I do have something to add to your opinion...

If we think about this for a minute, I didn't need any posts to reach "Junior" member, I already had over 130 posts when this thread started. I have over 250 posts as I write this and most all were written with thought and based on over 14 years experience with PC's and software. Just like most of us here, trying to help others on this site as well as learn.

This thread started as "your favorite sig" which is why I joined it along with many others here. Yes I have 11 posts on this thread but many are the changes made to the Kermit gif where I edited it to keep the fun going. So I am sorry for doing something that I can do which is modifying animated gifs. Something I enjoy I might add.

Aulander who authored this thread has 14 posts
    ddp who enjoyed this thread has 11 posts
    I had 11 posts

Does that make Aulander or ddp guilty of doing something on this thread that might become a trend? Will it help them reach Addict status that much earlier by 14 or 11 posts? I don’t think it was their intent to do this and neither was it mine. These posts were just for fun.

Am I being singled out because my title shows newbie. You betcha!!! If AfterDawn had already made the change to my account and I was now in “Member status” would this conversation have ever taken place?

Where did I get my 250+ posts from? It sure wasn’t in here.

I think everybody including myself was enjoying what the thread suggested which of course is listing their favorite sig's.
    One of my sig’s was actually offering to zippyd the computer spitting out disks since he mentioned it in the post before. I have access to the animation factory so I put it out here for others to use if they like.

Many additional posts I did in here were added towards the end and were all about Kermit the frog, etc. that I edited with some text to it to keep the fun going that Geestar20 started. It was hilarious and still is.

Please don't include me with “newbies” trying to reach “Junior” status by using some lame excuse of posts here. I have no problem being called a newbie, but I do have a problem when I am included in padding my posts to help reach a certain status. If that is the case then all of us are at fault at one time or another. I already have enough to be "Member" status and 5 extra posts over what others have posted here won’t get me to senior that much faster.

Thanks

Last edited: Feb 9, 2005
  4. ddp

ddp Moderator Staff Member

ScubaBud, until status change, we don't know what each person is at as we can't see other's post count. officially your still a newbie but unofficially your a member as you told us your post count. i think within the next week or so unless the server upgrades take more time than expected we'll probably see the statuses change.

5. Jerry746

Jerry746 Senior member

I guess I'll add my 2 cents worth. My gif was probably one of the first ones modified by ScubaBud along with ScubaPetes. It was nice of him to offer the changes an I added it to my sig. This idea that he is posting to threads just to up his count is out of line in my opinion. I have seen so many others do exactly that in the past few months that it isn't hard to tell when someone is actually padding their posts. I have seen nothing by ScubaBud to justify this is what he is trying to do. He has answered many questions on different subjects and this thread was more for fun than anything else. There should be certain threads that don't count towards advancement, but I'm sure it would be near impossible for DRD to have the system do that type of sorting. I don't know ScubaBud on a personal basis and the only PM we have posted was about the gif change which I thank him again for. I really think that statement was uncalled for. We need more members like him that can actually answer questions instead of the ones that post I AGREE, or YEA THATS RIGHT after a correct answer has been given. I guess I'm finished.

Jerry

6. Pop_Smith

Pop_Smith Regular member

SORRY ScubaBud, I was thinking you had more posts then you really do, I was thinking you kept posting new posts (instead of doing the editing of your post you are doing)

So, this is my SINCERE apology for anything i may have done to offend you (or anyone else :[) in anyway.

All those years of experence you have may come in handy to the real newbies who need that extra little bit of info. :)

7. ddp

ScubaBud, don't worry about your post count as it came in handy as nephilim used your kermit on a now inactive newbie. the saying goes, practice to make perfect & you practiced till got kermit right!!

8. Auslander

Auslander Senior member

the most wonderful moments in conversation seem to happen on my threads quite often :) i love it when we all get along.

9. geestar20

geestar20 Active member

My post was not to offend but in good humor as I seen alot of gifs by you and find very entertaining so dont take it at heart. The longer you stay and see, we like to have funn :)

So behave before I get a harpoon and shoot you with it and give -Scubapete- his arm back [​IMG]

10. ddp

so that is who it belongs to but i don't see any blood?? must have drained away after being in scubabud's mouth!!

11. geestar20

geestar20 Active member

damn blood sucking guppies

12. Auslander

Auslander Senior member

i like fish :p

13. geestar20

geestar20 Active member

I love kitties
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Feb 9, 2005
  14. ScubaBud

ScubaBud Regular member

Geez, I am not mad at anybody!

[bold]Geestar20[/bold]
    If you look at my first post addressed to you I included smiley faces so that you too could see that I wasn’t upset and knew you were poking fun. <G>

[bold]Pop_Smith[/bold]
    I said thank you for your support of my gifs, and said no problem. <G>

[bold]Jerry746[/bold]
    I’ll pay you tomorrow the $20 bucks for the nice things you said... or was it supposed to be $30? Not sure with this age thing of mine.

When Pop_Smith did his post he brought up a valid point. I just wanted to make sure that the tip of that point wasn’t aimed at me and wanted to nip it in the bud! <G>

As I mentioned before I have access to animated gifs at the animationfactory.com so if you find one that you like, let me know.

[bold]See, I'm not mad! Just a little pissed! :)[/bold] Added smiley face.

Last edited: Feb 20, 2005
  15. ddp

is that you thumping Auslander as he was the 1 who started this thread!!!

16. geestar20

geestar20 Active member

HEy I DidNt sEE A SMilEy FAcE, iM huRt nOW

17. ddp

he's giving you one now!!!

18. geestar20

geestar20 Active member

19. ddp

you take a thumping & keeps on moving just like a timex watch

20. Rotary

Rotary Senior member

hi all

ar the joys of spring, whats in a name? what is in a name? hate labels! labels shabels...

i have seen newbies who know more than most on here! its the knowledge we hold not our image thats needed for AD...

smile and the world smiles back!