1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Your Opinion on Quality of video between vob and iso

Discussion in 'Nero discussion' started by demotic, Apr 19, 2006.

  1. demotic

    demotic Member

    Joined:
    Apr 15, 2006
    Messages:
    24
    Likes Received:
    0
    Trophy Points:
    11
    I want to know what people think what looks better between taking a file like an Episode of the show Deadwood as an vob file and using Nero's (make your own dvd from dvd files) or taking that vob file putting it into shrink and turning it into an ISO and then just using Nero's burn image button. Any diffrence in picture quality? i know it's about an hour faster to do the ISO method.

    thanks in advance, Mike
     
  2. alkohol

    alkohol Regular member

    Joined:
    Apr 6, 2005
    Messages:
    4,899
    Likes Received:
    0
    Trophy Points:
    46
    I don't think it's "true" that ISO is faster than a VIDEO_TS or VOB file. I strongly deem that they're both the same. Quality should be the same as well. In addendum to "quality", you'll need the best "encoder(s)" out there. As of right now, the top dog is DVD-RB Pro + CCE SP or ProCoder or HC. Yes, I'm with DVD-RB Pro + CCE SP and the quality in results is/are awesome/fantastic, even on my 55" Widescreen SONY HDTV.

    They're both the same, it's only a choice/preference of the individual. I, on the other hand, prefer VIDEO_TS or VOB file because I used Nero Burning Rom to burn 98% of all my backups, the other 2% I used DVD Decrypter to do the rest. If I burn PS2 game(s), then I'll have DVD Decrypter to handle the ISO Image file. However, I can still have Nero Burning Rom burn the ISO Image as well.

    The one and only reason why I prefer Nero Burning Rom is that it "automatically" change the "book type" into DVD-ROM whenever I used any DVD+R, DVD+RW and DVD+R DL media to burn, which makes it easier for all/any of my stand alone DVD players regardless of how old they are.
     

Share This Page