1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

your opinion on samsung burners ?

Discussion in 'DVD / Blu-ray drives' started by fastmp3, Sep 22, 2004.

1. fastmp3

fastmp3 Member

i recently purchased a samsung dvd burner +/- 8x , i don't have the full specs , but i would like to know what's the general feeling on samsung dvd burners ? are they reliable ? thanks a lot

2. OzMick

OzMick Guest

Well, you've already bought it, so I guess now is a bit of a dumb time to be asking that question... Can't really comment about their DVD burners, but I got a Samsung 24x CD burner and DVD ROM back in the day when they were top of the line and they have never done me wrong. Also a couple of sticks of RAM that said they were made by the mob. So just from past experience, they're on my "recommendation list", but still look around. Unlike ATI... screwing 64 bit Linux users with no drivers and not giving a rat's... <shakes fist>

3. pulsar

pulsar Active member

Well, I have a samsung cd burner/dvd combo. It writes cds really quickly, (which is why I have kept it) but occasionally when loading games it will lock up. Another piece of software I had told me that the cd drive was not reading properly. So now I cannot use it for loading games, I have to use either of my 2 Pioneer dvd burners to do the job. I know you have bought a dvd burner, but it is the same company. Quality of products within the range is important. Knowing that, I went for my Pioneer burners. They give top notch results & are very fast. I do not use the Samsung to read the dvds I am burning, as I cannot trust it not to give me read errors. Sorry to have put you off, but you did ask. You should have posted the question before you bought. I guess you have probably worked that out for yourself!! I hope that it works OK for you, next time I would go for a Pioneer, I've got 2 dvr108s. Or at least read a few forums before you make up your mind when you get your next burner. Which you inevitably will in the next 6-9 months. My Sony DRU510a served me well, but is now sat in the cupboard. It cost me £238, both Pioneers cost me £130!!

4. fastmp3

fastmp3 Member

it's a SH-W08A , from what i saw in the web it looks ok , i didn't have time to test it yet since i didn't purchase yet empty media :(

i hope other users can keep me informed